Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

try try try again, I got it!

For The Dig achievement, go into the archives and replay it once more without killing the three artifact buildings.

Lol, I’m glad you got it! I think another cause for a 2nd egg spawning @ objective #2 is killing objective #3 (Far Left building) second in order. Not sure if this is what you did though.

Sometimes the game seems to have a mind of it’s own and do unusual things. In my earliest attempts, I was even seeing an overlord spawn 35% of the time at the same hatchery that spawns the muta (around the 3:15 mark)… Doesn’t seem to be a reoccurring issue though.

Fantastic guide!!

Several restarts early because of me misreading clockwise as counterclockwise and finding a route around the hydras, but only 3 attempts at the attack on 3 and 2 for the attack on 2. Only comment is I believe you meant Medivac C instead of D for the timestamp at 1:27.

I also “esc” out of the game once Narud’s short audio cutscene is completed (opposed to watching the remainder of the cinematic), though I have no idea on whether that effects completion or mutalisk spawning.

Well done on an incredible write up!

If you have to finish by 3:30 I can confirm that skipping the cutscene does nothing because I finished at 3:28 and watched the whole thing on my successful run.

Good insights!

-Valas

I didn’t keep my saved files after making the youtube video ><

It was a lot of clutter (like 50 saves) and I wanted to clear space…

Sorry bout that : (

Nothing wrong… In the end, one day I will get this last achievement)

I played around with the achievement triggers that are easier to fix. I was able to get the achievements to work properly by:

• Contract Saviors - Adding the missing condition that counts only the units trained by the player.
  • Band of Brothers - Adding the missing condition that allows Medics to be trained.
  • Thanks for the Advice - Adding the missing condition that allows Zel’Naga Shines to be killed by the Laser Drill.
  • Annihilation Now - Adding the missing filter that counts only the structures remaining at the end of the mission.
  • Expert Phase-Smith, Perfect Templar - Adding an exclusion for Interceptor deaths.

Anywho, this was mostly for fun, but also to confirm some of our suspicions. :slight_smile: And, if I was able to fix these, I can’t see them staying broke for very long.

Hey Kyrie! For the “Expert Phase-Smith, Perfect Templar achievement”, it’s confirmed to be the Interceptors dying that’s failing the achievement.

2 Likes

Hey the biggest shout out to Valas and Kyrie, for taking the time to find a workaround on the contract savior bug. It was a massive effort, and even the solution you got in the end is extremely difficult to pull off. Took me at least 2 hours with your method, but finally I pulled it off and got the achievment…

Of course I could just have waited for the fix, but I wanted it now and was bored anyway hehe.
But again massive shout out, and the biggest thanks guys!!

3 Likes

Can some1 make clear video with this speedrun… to living inside i get around 1:20 and i move from there @1:30 and drop at survivors next to #2 around 2:00 but what is strange the more i push on #3 the faster them hatch… earlierst hats @#3 was 3:08… ofc #2 down i don’t know can’t even touch spores/army to not force hatchery to spawn??

Thank you so much Kyrie for linking that Youtube Video for The Mobebius Factor mission! That helped me get the last achievement that I need.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but for the Spear of Adun mission achievement where you can’t lose any structures, I think you have to skip the cutscene. I didn’t lose any structures but they killed a warp gate during the end cutscene and I didn’t get the achievement.

I wanted to try out the Moebius Factor mission run but I’ve run across an issue where I’m missing the game speed slider in my options. Apologies if this is a known issue but I didn’t come across anything on Google. Any solution to this? I don’t seem to be able to attach an image.

You sure you looked under gameplay?

Appreciate the support, and glad you were able to get the achievement!

I had difficulty with my game speed option disappearing before too. Not sure what caused it, though it is back now. Try replaying a different mission from start to finish and that may reset it.

Video is here: - YouTube

Definitely follow Kyrie’s written description as well (post #170), he does a better job explaining many details that I may have missed in the video. Also, read the video description for other insights.

1 Like

Kyrie described it in words, you showed the same, u didn’t show successful run, there is no point then in this video.