Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

I added this to my thread over in the Bug Report forum.

About the “Curiosity Killed the Zergling” achievement.
I’m very grateful for the advice of taking ally’s gas (it really bumps your gas economy and reaper production), but here are three more.

1. Do it on Hard, not Normal. Normal difficulty just won’t provide you enough enemies for those 200 kills.
  2. Forget about bonus objectives. Concentrate on mining the roads.
  3. Keep all your forces in Horner’s base, not on cliffs. When new reapers are trained — order them to lay all their mines, then retreat to the rest of your army at Horner’s base.

So I’ve tried the Templar’s Charge mission over a dozen times now. I’ve never done the bonus objectives, I’ve done it with VR and carriers, and I’ve done it multiple times perfectly(no buildings or units lost), and yet I’m still not getting the achievement. I’ve even avoided using top bar abilities that could conceivably drop a ‘unit/object’ (like time stop/temporal warp), and it still will not trigger. Any ideas?

Some things I can think of are:

The starting Phoenixes
The starting Carriers (if you don’t use them)
Probes accidentally left behind when moving the platform
The tapped out Assimilators
An attack destroying something small/unnoticeable like a Pylon
Not sure if it matters, but don’t cancel a warping building
You cannot reload a saved game from before the patch

I ran tests in both the editor and in the actual campaign and I was able to get the achievement in both, even when completing the bonus objectives.

Tried Templar’s Charge from Master Archive

• No Units constructed or lost including interceptors/probes
  • Normal difficulty
  • Solar Bombardment / Solar Lance used
  • No structures lost
  • Did not move from starting platform apart from 1 Mirage. (Used to spot for Solar Bombardment on Power Cores before recalling)
  • No Secondary Objectives

No achievement given.

Be sure to drop a post with all these details in this thread over in the Bug Report forum.

Did Bliz fix this in the patch?

Templar’s Charge
This hasn’t been fixed.
Now it’s unobtainable.
It doesn’t pop even with no units lost.

1 Like

It can be done. I was able to get it today. Leave post in the thread I linked above with any details about your attempts.

Really? I’m pretty sure it’s bugged to the point it now can’t be obtained.
No units were lost yet it doesn’t pop.

1 Like

You should keep track of all your units. Group all your probes and all your air units to separate hotkeys and save every so often. If you notice any decreases, reload the earlier save and stay more alert when proceeding.

Just kept track of all my units. I didn’t lose a single one and the achievement didn’t pop.

Face it guys, forget trying to get Templar’s Charge achievement until it’s fixed.

3 Likes

Just nailed Disintegration Doctrine (be sure to have a little extra time left before you sap those HP out of Narud).

Just massed VRs Carriers and zealots for distraction (since minerals pile up crazy anyway but vespene is a pain in the… well you know).

Placed a little bit of defense structures to the left of your main (to focus every single army unit and Spear of Adun’s damage on … disintegration).

I focus fired Narud and the achievement immediately triggered, so doubting that “you have to kill someone between his life drops and the cutscene starts” theory here.

Buuuut, perhaps raven’s turrets are a problem (since they’re structures and maybe somewhere your allies attack a raven and he spouts one in fear and it stands there when you wreck Narud).

Expert Phase-Smith Perfect Templar.
This one needs more research, considering so many conflicting opinions I’ve already read and what I’ve tried myself.

Update: I just got it.
It appears that expiration of geysers or the fact that you move a platform and your assimilators become neutral blok the achievement

Concerning Spear of Adun, I can 100% confirm only Nexus Overcharge and Reconstruction beam are harmless, because I did not use any active abilities, BUT I replaced solar lance, time sot and shield overchage before starting the mission.

Did not do bonuses.
Finished in 13:50.
Used 6 VRs.
Did not lose a single building or unit (including interceptors, so not really a good example).

Also, I have a wild speculation that you can’t kill enemies with Carriers.

Just did Templar’s Charge, it’s still bugged yes.

Did it 4 times but didn’t get the achievements, I tried it a 5th time just now but without the secondary objectives and I got it (EU side/player).
I played the whole mission normally with mass carrier, used the 5sec invulnerability upon taking fatal damage from the spear of adun just in case of something goes wrong.

So far except the Nova pack I didn’t start, I have them all even if I had to use workarounds for some…

God I miss the days where people tested before releasing instead of having the players do that for free (It cost 25 to 40% of a dev salary to test, costly yes but at least you keep your playerbase happy instead of slowly frustrating them with stuff never working as intended) and having the comfort of releasing hotfix every week…

I just managed to get Disintegration Doctrine. I wasn’t missing any buildings even after checking with the fog of war cheat. What I did that finally worked was the following:

• In the first phase on the right hand side of the screen there is a void rift (It wont show up on your mini map even with fog of war disabled) destroy that, the 2 rifts before that and the void corruption structure.

• In the second phase work your way up the map as usual cleaning up the rifts and corruptions along the way, making sure to leave no unit behind especially Ravens as they could spawn auto turrets.

• In the 1 and 11 o’clock positions, past the 5 void rifts in the dead space of the map there are 2 fleets of 3 carriers, 2 ravens and some support units. Make sure to get rid of at least the ravens.

• Directly in front of Narud there are 4 rifts, and a void corruption. Kill the 4 rifts and retreat, leaving the corruption alone. This is to make is harder for your allies to walk up the ramp and kill Narud prematurely. You might have to kill some of your own allies to prevent them from doing this.

• Those 4 rifts should respawn and once that happens you can then take them, the void corruption, and Narud out. I also killed an allied unit in the closing scene of the mission but I’m not sure its necessary.

• Make sure to save right before attempting the final platform with Narud on it and also make sure you allow for enough time so that the final 4 rifts can respawn before 28 minutes are up.

I am not sure which of the above are necessary but these are all the steps I took to get the achievement.

Also note the achievement will pop while still in game, before the cinematic starts playing.

Good Luck!

I did. I had to attempt it twice with the only difference being the SoA abilities I selected and used. There’s some speculation that it’s the SoA abilities that causing the fail condition in the achievement triggers.
https://i.postimg.cc/jdk6TGSw/Got.png

In all the runs of Templar’s Charge I did, I always had the same SoA abilities selected. Took 10 attempts before I eventually got it as mentioned but I can’t say that selection seemed to have anything to do with what was wrong

Honestly based on my own weird experiences with it yesterday and everyone else’s comments since, it almost feels random if you get the achievement or not

@ JohnnyY
I was also considering the assimilators turning neutral to be a potential cause but when I eventually got it, I did have a couple depleted ones already in that run, so I doubt that’s the catch either

Hey everyone,

Give “Expert Phase-Smith, Perfect Templar” another try, but do not use Solar Lance, Purifier Beam, or Deploy Fenix (and of course don’t lose any units).

The bonus objectives don’t play any role in the achievement, so you can do it or not do it, which ever you like.

5 Likes

Disintegration Doctrine is still broken! I don’t know whats cause a failure, but im below 28 minutes and im very sure all buildings are gone.

Maybe Raven Turrets cause this bug? Or Overseer? I have no Idea how to do this.