Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

Video is here: - YouTube

Definitely follow Kyrie’s written description as well (post #170), he does a better job explaining many details that I may have missed in the video. Also, read the video description for other insights.

1 Like

Kyrie described it in words, you showed the same, u didn’t show successful run, there is no point then in this video.

I had this happen twice but at 2:56. Instead of trying to restart again I decided to destroy that egg too (had 2x goliaths, 2x marauders, 3x marines left) right after destroying #2 core (at the same time i had my other team rushing for #3)

If you manage to destroy the egg it should probably still work, right?

Yes, I did get the achievement that way so that egg definitely was the issue.

The 2nd egg spawning is likely due to the lack of dps on Data Core #2. I’m not sure if you just right-clicked on the Data Core, instead of stutter stepping forward so that you prevent the need for the units at the back from walking around to the sides.

Another would be you didn’t queue up after the egg kill to hit the Data Core because it is roughly the same time that you need to start loading up Medivacs at Data Core #1 to quickly fly to next drop off point. The recommended would be once everyone is dps-ing the egg, to queue up a movement command somewhere near Data Core #2 and queue up an attack command on it.

================================================================================

[UPDATE]

I have tested it out.

• You have 31 secs (in-game secs) after killing the first egg to kill Data Core #2 (which will take about 19 secs, factoring in killing of broodlings and 2x lings that come after).
  • Failing which, a second egg will start spawning and will hatch in 24 secs.
  • It only takes about 9 secs to kill an egg.

In each case, I am assuming you are using stim rines (at least 50% of the time) and haven’t lost any dps unit (losing the medivac is fine).

So yes, killing the second egg is more than feasible if you made a mistake. If anyone doesn’t know why the second egg is the issue, then I’d suggest that you read back the first post to better understand why this achievement must be done this way.

1 Like

I just recorded a video with what should be a successful run. I don’t think I can post links on this forum yet, so I’ll put it on the server Valas linked in post 142 when it’s done processing

nvm, invite is invalid and I can now post links for some reason
here’s the video 2020 08 03 08 30 16 Starcraft II bugged Moebius Factor achievement - YouTube

use this symbol “~” in front of links and it works everytime.

1 Like

I cannot do the Salvation mission and get the achievment, even with the safe ability set. What the hell?

Use Deploy Pylon, Orbital Strike, Orbital Assimilator, Mass Recall, Guardian Shield, Time Stop. Remove Reconstruction Beam. Works perfectly.

Leviathan

If you have the time to test this to just verify which abilities are ‘safe’ heh heh heh.

1 Like

Is there any sorted list with some more hints for the achievements?
I have started with Void and breaking my neck on “Raszagaels Retribution” on “Dark Whispers”.

I am able to kill an almost 200 Resource army on a single base and at most I killed one hatchery and my army dies if it push on the next 2x. In the meantime I have mind out my base. Wish the game had a replay mode so I could see why my stuff keeps dying, atm I think its banelings.

You can record and then review your gameplay. And also post it online for people to view to help you check. I’d say the achievement’s difficulty is about ‘hard’.

Thanks! Just got the Contract Saviors achievement!
I’ll add a tip from my experience: When you’re trying to kill the first egg and attack data core 2, quickly kill zerg army with some micro(kill roach with marauders) and kill the egg only with goliaths, since other units will deal minimal damage to the egg. Meanwhile other units can attack the data core so you don’t need as much as DPS.

This means you can send more units to team Y - actually I didn’t picked up a marine at the 6x marine rescue point, giving them all to medivac C. With 2 more marines I could put down the Data core #3 without the help of SCV meat shield. Also, Medivac A doesn’t have to stop awhile at the 6x marine rescue point.

1 Like

Guys!! I just got the Contract Saviors achievement. Thank you very much for tips and videos. I followed everything and the time i got was 3:11 which i believe is pure luck and coincidence. Now i can finally sleep in peace

1 Like

If you’re still stuck, here are some tips:

Your army should be stalker immortal colossus, preferably mostly immortal with 4-5 colossi and enough stalkers to handle the corruptors.

If you can, blink micro helps with cost efficiency and preserving your dps.

There’s no rush at all, go ahead and mass up to the perfect 200/200 army and then kill the furthest forward base immediately after an attack wave, then you have infinite time to kill the rest.

There is a base to the right by the second holding cell you can expand to.

Edit: fixed some spelling errors

So far for me as of today (i.e. no fix from Blizzard yet), the bugged achievements i’ve run into are ‘The Dig’ & ‘The Moebius Factor’. Did exactly as required yet nothing.

In The Dig you cannot shoot the xelnaga temples either, if you shoot nothing except the door you get the achievement. In the Moebius Factor, scroll up, both Kyrie and Valas have posted guides to completing it.

Wings of Liberty: A Sinister Turn.

In the german version (there the mission is called “Eine dunkle Wende”) the description of the new achievement is misleading.

It only says to kill 30 units or buildings, not that you have to do it with dark templars. I know it’s not high priority, but it may save some players a bit of confusion.

2 Likes