Community Update - July 16, 2019

Now with those Protoss changes I eventually prefer the old once back lol

How are those changes in any way fair compared to the Zerg & Terran?
I don’t understand why the Balance Team tries to force Protoss more into the lategame which isn’t viable at all …

I also don’t get why people complain recently about cannon rushes… just let the people have fun with their strategy and learn the counterplay
May I remind you that a simply “bad” map pool can ruin the season for every cannon rusher?
In my opinion Cannon rush isn’t hard to counter and can be shut down pretty well by drone scouting for example

14 Likes

I, as a masters mech player, really like these changes and I think that these changes strengthen the power of mech (so we may be seeing some more mech in tournaments!) in TvP, and has helped to address some of the factors that have historically made the playstyle “unviable”.

In TvP the Zealot nerf can mean that hellbats can stay alive for longer and not just evaporate to them - therefore, tanks will have a tad bit more of a buffer. In addition, the buff to EMP can help siege tanks to deal with archon-immortal comps because each EMP will be able to hit a greater number of units.

Furthermore, if the balance team want to help make mech (or just heavy siege tank bio comps) more viable in TvP they could add an upgrade onto the factory tech lab that will reduce friendly splash damage from the tank by 75% because this will ensure that tanks don’t do more harm then good.

2 Likes

i might actually play the game again if this patch went through. i still find it hard believe sc2 is actually getting balance patch tho. We’ll see, if this proposal really went through.

1 Like

Great patch! Hopefully we’ll see it on live servers

With the zealot nerf, I am surprised there’s no discussion about the Adept. Does this mean they are planning to remove that unit in a larger balance/design patch?

I prefer the first plan.
And infestor should be nerf besides BUG fixed.

6 Likes

Greats changes.
I’m just a bit worried about how to charge nerf can make the first timing push hard to hold in PvT.

I think midgame PvZ is going in the right direction but I’m unsure if we’re going to see a lot of Protoss win in the ultra late game.

1 Like

These community updates still aren’t showing up in the Blizz Tracker for the forum.

well- charge zealot nerf? it affects all matchups- meanwhile zerg nydus and lategame infestor is not touched?

Why zerg dont get nerfs?? why only Protoss get core nerfs? i dont get it relly…

In Late game Toss has no good unit to work with atm

give disruptor a range upgrade for lategame- mothership and carrier need less suppyl, tempest need more dmg

for the zealot nerf if that comes true- buffing stalker and adapts slightly for the mid game

14 Likes

We in the mob of Diamond Terrans, who decide balance for everyone and some Protoss building show conspire about, decide that:

These are wonderful and reasonable changes! Go with them! Chargelots were a big reason why less skill Protoss choosing to use the Chargelot build could get away and even turn games.

At this point with the EMP buff, I think I would personally focus on the play than thinking about what in balance was wrong, hopefully enough.

1 Like

Anyone know if this means protoss will actually have to micro against speedlings now instead just amoving chargelots?

because zerglings and most zerg units aren’t a move? lol

10 Likes

Balance arguments around a couple of players doesn’t make any sense. Protoss representations in tournaments and Blizzcon was super high.

1 Like

try amoving roaches against stalkers and immortals

3 Likes

Ya, because Zerg micro their units right? Oh wait, they don’t.

8 Likes

i’m switch race from toss to zerg (5.7k toss)

7 Likes

Try a-moving immortals against hydras and lurkers. Roaches are supposed to die to stalkers and immortals

9 Likes

I would rather have 1 guy that wins every tournament then 500 guys that don’t win a damn thing. Show me 1 protoss player in recent times that has the level of success that Serral and Maru have. You can’t do it.

5 Likes

Simple, Nerf zealot charge, and put prisme to 11 sec warp. There are the only 2 nerfs needed. Just Crazy the amount of time Blizzard took to understand that The 8 damage charge was amazingly OP. But Finaly, here we are !!!

2 Likes

Yet.

We’ll see how impactful the “ignore armor” aspect of the Infested Terrans is. Rest assured, if this meta doesn’t shift and Zerg still dominates the late game against Protoss with Infestor/Broodlord you can rest assured there will be nerfs to the Infestor.

Overall pleased with the changes. I’m surprised the Stim buff is still going through, I guess in testing it didn’t end up being as radical of a change as I had originally thought.

2 Likes