Commander prestige with the smoothest gameplay

What commander prestige allows you to play any mission without hiccup?

So you start the game. Make workers. Gather resource. Build your favorite build. kill waves. Siege enemy position. Take bonus. Do the objective.

What commander prestige allows you to play the game the smoothest with the least amount of effort (both macro and micro effort)?

So even if enemies suddenly appear at your base, you can deal with it. Even if enemies are strong you can kill them without much trouble (not loss but trouble, Zagara lose a lot of units but she can kill wave with very little trouble thank to her suicidal units).

You can choose whatever build you want to play and you can counter any composition without needing to change the build.

Give me a top 10 list pls if you can :slight_smile:

kerrigan p2 and zeratul p3

1 Like

Kerrigan p3 (only weakness is an attackwave before the 4 minute mark. Easy to get around if you build 2-3 spinecrawlers but that delays the makro)
But generally as soon as kerrigan is there, i can build my favorite build (mass mutas). 2 spires, 4 omegas, 4 hatcheries, no queens. Allways works and even if hard countered, easily rebuilt due to the enormous ressources of p3.
Kerrigan with nydus is mobile enough and withstanding enough to keep the attackwave in its place until the mutacloud comes along and deletes everything. (i always lol on the people asking for p3 nerfs when i watch mutas shred an endgame attackwave in a few seconds)

Second favorite is lone wolf tychus. Build 5 outlaws, place them where things of the mission happen and decide which fits where best. Get either 3 platforms for heal and mobility or build one of the healers and keep em close to tchus while pushing with him.

1 Like

This is more of a skill and preparation than a commander thing.

Even as LW Tychus, you can always leave enough resource and outlaw charge to pop one out dealing with a wave. Yet, it would be weird that you didn’t use Medivac to get into position in the first place.

Similarly, as Kerri or Zeratul, if you’re not using your calldowns to push, then of course you’ll have a back up hand to deal with these things. However, the same would be asked why are you out of position to let this happen?

It’s not a matter of which commander makes this smooth. It’s how a player makes it smooth. That’s coop in a nutshell. The game’s smooth when you proactively push and get into position, to prevent exactly from getting overwhelmed. That’s when it isn’t smooth. Even the slowest ramp up commander can have a smooth game.

I mean, those who have smoothest game play is prestiges that barelly changes the way you play the commander on standard, Raynor P2 plays nearly the same as P0 so it’s going to be smooth until you notice how mech eats gas and you have to get afterburners before +1 attack.

Mengsk P2 is great for that, nothing really changed, except for the likes of blackhammer and PoA, those takes so much supply it’s not worth massing them unless you know what you’re doing. But overall, P2 you can still do everything that a P0 Mengsk would, just ramps up faster.

Swann P3 is pretty smooth, Nova P2 is smooth, Kerrigan P3, Karax P3(if anything makes you feel slow thanks to slow saturation), others I didn’t really tested or has something that changes the way you play the commander.

Tychus P3 fits the bill I’d say, all that happens is you trade in an unnecessary panic button for an extra merc all things considered.

Tychus was already notorious for how straightforward the gameplay can be, with P3 he’s got an extra brick wall with pretty decent dps and splash. Enemy wave? Medivac over, smash, Medivac back. Bonus points has the Odin able to solo pretty much anything until the really dangerous waves show up.

on Brutal, all of them.

Outside of Mutators screwing up certain commanders, which applies to even base commanders, all pristege has no trouble holding their own.

Stukov P3, Zeratul P3, and Tychus P2 are probably the top 3 easiest and the most immune to mutators.

1 Like

Lone puppy hand down. Before the nerf he could be played with your feet. Also, while its true that all commanders can have a smooth game, some commanders are easier than others.

Alarak P3, the only thing you ever need to worry about is mass ravens or vipers which force you to change your unit comp but otherwise it’s a breeze to play.

I would say Zeratul and Mengsk would rank up somewhere as well.

I find Stukov P1 to be pretty smooth. Low-cost mass diamondback with CDs to tank or deal with attack waves. I especially love the infest structure cooldown mastery with this, it distracts the AI and keeps the focus away from the diamondbacks. I also find diamondback micro both easy and fun. Just dancing around the enemy melting everything.

1 Like

I haven’t used a good chunk of the commanders’ prestiges, but out of the ones I have used I’d say these stand out

1. Dehaka P1. Dehaka’s units are extremely strong, and adding powerful army-wide buffs with frequent devours makes for one of the easiest and earliest deathballs in the game. Swallowing psychics is a nuke - and that’s of course all on top of having an S-tier top bar. This is probably the best match for what you’re describing.

2. Nova P3. Even though Nova can’t do an A-move deathball (except against particular enemy comps), the power of her standard army plus the ridiculous strength of super-Nova makes for a seriously potent force. Nova’s survivability goes way up so more time is left to spend on her army. When not actively fighting, a few quick commands to Nova and bases or waves can be deleted.

3. Kerrigan P2. This is easily my favorite version of Kerrigan. Aside from max level Dehaka (maybe!), no single unit in the game is as devastating as P2 Kerrigan. This synergizes really well with Kerrigan’s army which benefits greatly from more time to build up and also the survivability of a frequent mass-stun.

4. Mengsk P2. RG’s are incredible. This let’s you get RG’s out a lot easier. It also doesn’t impact the rest of Megnsk’s kit. This is the commander that always has an answer. Mandate generation is off the charts, along with the power of the RG’s. The downside is that Mengsk isn’t exactly easy to play. This is why I don’t put it (or P2 Kerrigan) higher; they both have high macro demands that don’t fit the “easy play” requirement.

Han and Horner P1 …

Best Buddy for Stetmann. It’s honestly a joke once you get access to Super Gary, as you can just delete entire attack waves with 1 to 2 E-Gorbs.

They all mostly smoothy for me even without prestige :smiley: I’d mention Nova P3 because it’s basically P0 but better in my playstyle. Always have a free nuke to get rid of emergency so game goes pretty smoothly.

Kerrigan was by far the easiest for me to level for the prestiges. But she does take some macro and micro while leveling.

Easiest macro: Tychus (what macro?)

Easiest micro: Karax p2 (just attack move. army is so cheap you can just remake it if you lose it for some reason)

Do you play with only zerglings…?

Karax doesn’t have zerglings.

Right-o; I got the first thing you said mixed up with the last. Nevermind me.

I guess tychus p2, its got low amp, low skillceiling, not much macro to do, and very powerful.