Comfromal made a new co-op custom map!

Link: battlenet:://starcraft/map/1/329912
This RTC custom map is called “Sky is falling” (made by FroggyCatty and modified by Comfromal), it is available at Arcade in US server. I played solo and it was a blast.

The game play acts like Vermillion Problems where your worker has to collect Crystals, except you have to bring those Crystals to shield generators.
There is a timer where Meteor drops on to Cybros, you have to activate generators and hold out as long as you can.

I don’t usually promote other people’s work but since this new co-op map is such a great news to me.
It is as good as Amon’s Reach by @Tangor and clearly so much work is put into this. I strongly recommend to take a spin at it.

6 Likes

Also I few questions for @Comfr.

6 Hybrid Dominators show up late in the game, it’s clearly too much for most commanders.

I think the Gas (or even minerals) amounts are fewer than standard Co-op maps.

Also, I don’t think the link you put up in the game description work anymore.

Watched gameplay of the map and I’ll post the same thing as I did on the YouTube video…
It’s an over glorified Vermillion Problem, plain and simple. You push out for crystals, siege bases for map control, retreat when the map launches something harmful at you, rinse and repeat.
Honestly, if I were to give a suggestion to improve the map, reverse how the crystals are used. Don’t use them defensively, make them the objective. Have some crystals that spawn at various intervals at the main base, and make it so that you have to drag the crystals around to repower the station, and save it from Amon’s asteroid barrages.
Either remove the map’s meteor rain, or make it so that it barrages random spots each time, but are still avoidable. (Give a minimap ping about 30s before the meteors fall so that players can avoid it.)

I didn’t Make this. I only fixed the RTC Map and updated it to use Maguro’s engine(And fixed a bug that didn’t allow stukov to build refineries). I think i really should link the original maps in there. Original map was named RTC 2017: Skyfall. Seeing as how the RTC map no longer works though, I figured I’d do a similar thing to how Tangor fixed up factory ships.

I also tried to update Solar Right in the same manner, as that had (atleast, I consider it as one)a bug where the final solarite amount to push the objective was more than the amount needed to count as a win. I allowed an option for those to swap between the old and new values. I also should get around to fixing up the mutator safety zones and fix some of the bonus objective issues on both maps.

7 Likes

That makes more sense cuz I was like, “this is eerily similar to something before”. Though admittedly I couldn’t remember, but if this was the case then that explains my own confusion.

There is a minor thing at the Crystal lock (small circle space) to activate the Bonus area at the left side.
After you take care of the bonus and retrieve the crystal sometimes your worker and the crystal gets stuck behind the lock. I think it would be better to free up a space so your worker can come out.

About that, I’m not sure having meteors fall on your main base and expansion is a good idea (as refreshing as they are). It’s kind of an iron rule that those should be safety zones.

Agreed, the indication should be more clearer in the mini-map and actual map.

Thanx for letting me know. I already edited to include FroggyCatty as the maker and you the modifier.

Are you considering to do this on other RTC maps?

When I have the time and resources to do so. Ideally, I’d have the original devs either update their maps or give them the updated maps, but there will be times where this cannot be the case. I will also want to get around to updating Jorik, the commander I made, sometime(Though I will have to get through college first).

1 Like

Well take your time mate, SC2 ain’t going anywhere anyways.
Thanks for the great job!

1 Like

How did you update the map with the maguro engine? I’d love for this to happen to more maps!