Colossi lore origins? Purifier? Or Daelam make them too?

Y’know, I prefer to see you debating with your profile pictures showing. It’s annoying to not recognize a poster at first glance.

And if Gradius and/or Juxtapose joins the fight, I call it quit.

4 Likes

It was good for a video game from 1999. Sorry that it’s not Shakespeare.

3 Likes

What do you like about it and why?

To where? In case you haven’t noticed, no other work of fiction has equivalents to the ideas I liked about Starcraft (like the Overmind). I’ve looked for years and found nothing. No, 40k doesn’t count. The tyranids fans told me off already.

I never hated the Starcraft story until people started telling me it’s flawless gospel and I’m a filthy stupid heretic for wanting better quality writing or liking ideas from Starcraft 1 that Blizzard discarded without exploring.

It doesn’t have to be. I’m just annoyed that the fandom treats it like gospel. I’m been in the C&C fandom and they’ll readily admit that those games’ stories are bad for whatever reason. The biggest mods are AUs with their own stories.

Nobody treats it like gospel. At least not anymore than you treat the manual like gospel. Like, everyone here agrees that Brood War was laughable with the plot induced stupidity. I haven’t seen anyone deny that.

People denying the flaws of SC2 is pretty annoying though.

1 Like

And SC1?

From a writer’s POV, it’s an inchoate mess of random cool ideas.

Because of how we post, or because we have the exact same non-pics?

Obviously the non-pics.

1 Like

I miss my Viking.

1 Like

Please get some replacement though. If you and Gradius are joined by Kelthar in this non-portrait nightmare it’s chaotic af.

I don’t think you get my point.

Do we know why they’re getting “eaten” by the forums?

I don’t but please change it. I used to be default Kachinsky back in the day, but now I see why it’s annoying not having a distinguished avatar.

Oddly it still shows up when logging in at the official site itself.

Would I be correct that the only way to change it would be from in-game itself? Can’t seem to do it from the site.

Might be worth the shot. You are a Viking. Not a logo.

It’s good enough for a video game from 1999. The plot is serviceable and the attempts to include every type of matchup in every episode in the campaign could have been a lot worse.

The strength is really in the setting itself though. That’s why we had so many cool customer campaigns for SC1.

1 Like

I don’t think I’d care even if I did. I’m only here until either somebody makes a Starcraft clone I can move shop to, or Blizzard wrecks Starcraft so badly that even Subsourian gives up in disgust. This forum causes me nothing but psychological torment, but like an abuse victim I can’t leave. Earlier this week it actually interfered with my work performance for a bit.

The setting is vague as heck. The custom campaign scene exploded because of SC’s general popularity, not any strength of its poor storytelling or worldbuilding. It introduces interesting ideas but never executes them well if at all.

I’ve discussed Starcraft’s setting on several scifi fanfiction sites and everybody agrees that it’s not remotely interesting or worth caring about. Those few who care do nothing but obsess over Kerry forever, because she’s the only thing they find interesting since Blizzard put all effort into her at the expense of everything else.

Seek help. Like really.

1 Like

Currently the portrait sheet that the actual website is using is bugged and there’s a big offset for some portraits. It hasn’t been updated in half a year and a number of portraits have been added in the meantime, so even a number of older portraits get “run off the page” and don’t end up loading.

Extra frustrating since I usually extract portraits via the browser website (since they’re not in the editor and it’s the only way to get full res image of them), but I haven’t been able to add any of the recent portraits because of how long it’s been since this website’s portraits have been updated.

2 Likes

That’s not going to fix the problems with this fandom. It’s not going to give me a new fandom with same premise but better executed than incompetent Blizzard.

Just make a StarCraft campaign and put your energy into that. Problem solved.

1 Like