Co-Op: Near-Invincible Enemy Banshee Bug

Twice today while using Stukov with Infested Diamondbacks, an enemy Banshee seems to get stuck in the ground and cannot be affected by (most of) our spells or attacks, but can still attack us. Both games were on the Oblivion Express mission.

In the first game my ally was an Abathur, and their Ravagers’ biles could damage it, but that’s it; my dbacks would continually Fungal Snare it over and over, rapid fire, which to me means the game is registering it as still being in the air but it was never actually brought to the ground, as they dbacks never tried to attack it. In the second game, we just had to let it murder our bases as we couldn’t kill it, even though my ally Zagara’s corruptors continually attacked it they dealt no damage. Literally a single banshee wiped our 2nd bases.

I suspect the bug has something to do with the Infested Diamondbacks’ Fungal Snare and/or Stukov’s Aleksander call-down, but I’ve not been able to see the transition happen. This has never happened before today, but it’s happened twice already…

Hey fillasophy,

Do you have the replays of those missions? Not that I can do anything about the issue but I’d like to see if anything jumps out.

Sorry, I didn’t see your reply until now. It’s actually happened again, but this time it’s an invincible arbiter. Same map and I’m still playing Stukov; ally was a twin Dehaka.

I’ve not dealt much with replays…how would I share that?

First thing I found in a search is https://drop.sc/
I’m too lazy to check around, but that’s probably the thing usually used around here.

edit: tried to use it since then, and while I think it was indeed the site used in the past, now they no longer support co-op replays…unless it changed again since my visit?

The bug happened again a few minutes ago (again playing Stukov w/ a teammate of Dehaka) but this time a LOT of both Oracles and Carriers getting “stuck in the ground”. I was able to actually watch the replay and get Amon’s vision to see what happened to the units. On the Oblivion Express map there is a timestamp trigger where units will spawn near the top train, but for some reason after spawning the air units will teleport back into the base. If they’re fungal snared when this happens, the point they finally teleport to is off the map/below the ground, and when they can move freely again they’re now stuck below the ground…or something like that. I’m honestly not sure why the spawning air units teleport at all…but that seems to be at least part of the problem…