Co-Op Mutation #266: Survival of the Fittest

Sgt. Hammer’s Fortress is under siege. Determined to shatter its defenses, Amon IS shielding his minions from damage and resurrrecting them in entirely new bodies upon death. Do whatever it takes to stop their assault.

Transmutation - Enemy units have a chance to transform into more powerful units whenever they deal damage.
Barrier - Enemy units gain a temporary shield upon the first time they take damage.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG Templar Apparent] [Lila Renegade Commander]
[CtG Best Buddy] [Piky Devouring One]
[CtG Legendary Outlaw] [Spohky Network Administrator]
[CtG Anakh’Sun] 투배럭매니아 Solarite Celestial

[Reddit Post Link]

Notes:

• Don’t worry, the Hybrids don’t explode this time.
  • Hybrid Reavers, Destroyers, and Nemeses have a chance to transform into Behemoths and Dominators, so delaying on killing them is not the brightest idea.
  • [Editor data] for transformation tiers. [a lower tier can transform into a higher one]
  • The trigger for transmutation is whenever an enemy unit deals X amount of damage, OR kills one of your units. So sending small “expendable” units actually feeds the enemy.
  • Newly-transformed units get a new barrier.
  • Enemy units, upon transforming, return to full health. Make sure to focus the strong ones before they become Hybrid.
  • Ground units have a chance to transform into air units, and vice versa.
  • Thrashers don’t transform. That’s something. :B

Commander of the Week: Commander of the week [Survival of the Fittest] - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com
Mutation difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUE03WFZfPAz00OE5kIixYw/community?lb=UgzNjwIrMJw0ZS9kSiB4AaABCQ
Do you like this mutation? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUE03WFZfPAz00OE5kIixYw/community?lb=Ugyf2XVSvx0874Js8wF4AaABCQ

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

2 Likes

31,100 … this week 3rd…

this week 1st clear Vorazun P3+Zeratul P3

Mutation (Survival of the Fittest) play list.

Might go Abathur for this one or Apex Zagara.

Really any quick VT combo commanders work fine. For more fun, do send a stream of zerglings and/or infested to feed the bellies of Amon :yum:.

Sounds like a job for P2 Zeratul! >:3

Going to feed lots of banelings to them!

1st clear. Tychus P0 and Stetmann P2

Better not to play as Stukov P3, the waves turn into dominators and behemoths amazingly fast

2 Likes

The first transmutation one. This one is always fun.

Mastery bug into 6 levels on P3 Dehaka, feels nice :smiley:
Also creeper hosts FTW.

2 Likes

This isn’t a even a 2. Go look up the Explosive Results Mutation from 4~ weeks ago with Toxic Tyrant Mengsk. If you want to farm Brutation Achievements this is another one you can do it with. It’s even easier because you can just stick them in the center of the map to cover the whole map.

Edit: build the same way you did during Explosive Results Mutation people are too stupid to fight attack waves.

Then there is Dehaka and Tycus. . . They will make this a 0.

Hello.
I have two questions regarding transmutation’s working :
. does it proc on blowing a turret from sirius/a raven ?
. does it proc on triggering Vorazun’s Emergency Recall ?

2 Likes

It’s interesting transmutation can produce a Loki (seen ingame), but neither a mothership nor a Leviathan (according to the “editor data” in the main post).

It felt easy, so I went with Zagara P1 hard, but I kept running into garbage ally.
First was a tomato producer (according to his match history), next was a “pre-completed account buyer” (because there’s no way someone with so many achievements could play that bad).
On 3rd attempt, played in Normal, ran into a Hard ally again, but Normal made things much easier.
Still was quite a pain, should have been easier, but the main difficulty/factor of randomness in this game is the human element :roll_eyes:

Played Abathur P2 mass ravagers. Ally was Stukov level 6 who build only marines from barracks) During brutation killed 28 Behemots, 24 Dominators, 16 Destroyers, 13 Nemesis, 7 Reavers) Abathur so imba that we even did side object.

Should Mengsk “Release The Zerg” be avoided because of all those zerglings causing transmutation upon death? With max Terrible Damage mastery I would hope they would do more good than harm, but …

This was a surprisingly easy and fun one to play. We cleared it with Zeratul P3 and Tychus P0. I would rate it at +1/+2.

Doesn’t Zagara P1 produce a lot of transmutations? Or do the banelings overwhelm everything before they can transmutate? Anyway that’s what just happened to my P1 partner and me. I think he had some zerglings mixed in and Amon was like “LET’S GET ANOTHER GORGON INTO THE FIGHT!” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cleared it first try with Stetmann P2. Ended up memeing with BCLs and had pretty much zero troubles the whole mission.

You won’t need to. Your ally only needs to clear attack waves. As such you shouldn’t need zerg. If you need to defend from an attack just drop 75 mandate on bunkers in the way and shell it to death.

Tried it with Raynor P1 and kinda got wrecked, got ahead of myself and didn’t build up my army first before trying to push the 2nd wave of Thrashers, simply put, I got negged, two behemoths appeared and killed me and Han’s army, it was not a pretty sight.

1 Like