Co-Op Mutation #264: Power Trip

Merely destroying a planet isn’t enough for Amon. He has also imbued his forces with raw power, allowing them to wield incredible abilities against you. Even Amon’s structures strike at you with conviction. Withstand the onslaught and save Veridia Prime.

Power Overwhelming - All enemy units have energy and use random abilities.
Long Range - Enemy units & structures have increased weapon and vision range.
Photon Overload - All enemy structures attack nearby hostile units.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG Toxic Tyrant] [Nostrebor Best Buddy]
[CtG Purifier Executor] [Punisher Lone Puppy]
[CtG Folly of Man]
[CtG Primal Contender] Scourge Queen

[Reddit Post Link]

Notes:

• Abilities used by the enemy include Abduct, Black Hole, Defensive Matrix, Disabling Cloud, Disruption Web, Force Field, Fungal Growth, Guardian Shield, Graviton Beam, [Hybrid Structure Disable Thing], Irradiate, Parasitic Bomb, Point Defense Drone, Psionic Orb, Psionic Storm, Seeker Missile, Snipe, Time Warp.
  • Most difficult comp is probably Zerglings/Banelings/Scourge, just for the sheer number of units that are all spellcasters.
  • There is no means to determine what spells each enemy unit has until they actually use it.
  • Dehaka does not get the psionic buff from devouring units, even though everyone is a spellcaster. The unit tag still takes precedence
  • Although the enemy does not target-fire Artosis Pylons, they will sometimes cast disabling spells on them.
  • Apparently even Ravens’ Auto Turrets get Photon Overload, which is pretty funny.
  • Clearing all buildings in an area before sending your workers in is a good way to make sure they return alive.
  • Creep tumors also get photon overload, so make sure you clear all creep.

Commander of the Week: Commander of the week [Power Trip] - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com
Mutation difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUE03WFZfPAz00OE5kIixYw/community?lb=UgzcEdnYkivTWNreQ354AaABCQ
Do you like this mutation? https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugw2h5D9Bcnr34jawZR4AaABCQ

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

4 Likes

29,98 … this week 3rd…

this week 1st clear Tychus P2+Stetmann P1

Mutation (Power Trip) play list.

A map with barely any structures.

Let’s add overcharge!

1 Like

1st clear. Tychus P1 and Stiukow P3.

Oh boy. Donny. 20 CH

1 Like

Used P3 Zag with a Tychus. Just teleported around the map and took care of all the enemies. Easy mode was easy.

Did it with Tychus P2.
Please add to the notes how Observers can harass you (with spells) even at lower difficulty settings, causing attacks out of nowhere.
This lead to some casualties in my expansion, and finding Nux taking a lava bath (he got chased into it somehow) at some point.

Beat it on brutal as HH P1 with a Fenix P2 ally on my first try. It was an… interesting experience, but at least we got the bonus. Kept getting my poor army wrecked… but those top bar powers work great on this map. Clustered protoss ground comp annilated reapers, but could not handle strike fighters.

Fenix ally was not fairing too much better than I was, but generally had more of his army intact than I did and helped defend the base when point defense drones intercepted my mines. My fleet and space station provided the main way into heavily guarded bases.

Done as Karax P2 with a Swann P1 ally, including bonus.

Didn’t feel that special with all those top-bar abilities, Repair Beam and Repair Drones. Was still fun though.

Pleas dont listen to terry

1 Like

First attempt as P3 Stukov and a lvl 5 Raynor ally. My ally wasn’t able to build up fast enough to deal with the early attack waves’ AOE. The 2nd wave all but wiped out their army so they built a bunch of barracks (which I assume was to speed up production) while trying to rely on calldowns. However, that prevented them from being able to expand. They were never able to get up and running and I spent a lot of time diverting to defend their main. In the end, we lost due to the timer expiring.

2nd attempt as P3 Stukov again with a Karax ally. It when fairly smoothly. Got the bonus. It was just a bit slow because they tried mass cannon/monolith and only inched forward most of the game.

One a side note, I had some issus with Ravens dropping PDDs (not auto turrets, weirdly) over my expo’s mineral line several times which kept picking off workers.

First clear with P3 Kerrigan and P3 Stukov. I just mass Ultralisk because fragile units such as Hydralisk and Mutalisk may get wiped out if Amon used black hole or DPS abilities on my armies.

Cleared Bonus Objective as well.

P3 Karax + P3 Alarak

Good thing ally was P3 since we had to go up against Immortals and Colossi. Having a (permanent) air force helps. I made d and some units. Spammed Purifier Beam when it went went off cd. Used OS and SL liberally so that Structure Overcharge and random abilities of units had less chance to take their toll.

Some of the abilities are a bit scary, but we never had or timer below 5 minutes!