Co-Op Mutation #239: Bad Weather

The Void rifts negate the Mengsk cheese as there is no “safe zone” on the map for ESO.

Mengsk is pretty good at handling rifts, partially because of the ESOs. It should take minimal ally help to prevent there from being rifts to cause problems.

On the other hand you can use ESO to kill rifts, that’s the whole idea, ESO can basically hit anywhere on the map. And you can also gather a few troopers to fend off any units that spawn near your ESO since you have that drop pod upgrade.

Not a bad mutation this week.

Time to dust of H&H and my ally was a level 10 zagara p3. Early game rifts will spawns most likely near expo’s and between the 1 and 2th shards. I had a few reapers and galleons there while building stike platforms for after the 8 min mark when the rifts can spawn a lot further away. Zagara p3 was really helpful early game with the deep tunnel ability. Once the platforms were all up I just build reapers add some wraiths and the rest felt like a normal RtkH mission.

I also checked the mutation database. Funny to see the old comments on reddit/team liquid forum when this was new. Can imagine it must have been a lot harder back then. With all new commanders, revamps and prestige system making counters nowadays feels pretty simple.

Next week I just go Tychus I think :blush:

2 minute cooldown actually. Otherwise, players wouldn’t be able to pick up fragments quickly with full mastery points into fragment spawn rate, esp with P2.

Your points still stands though. 90 secs between rift spawns does not give Zera enough time to jump to the new set that spawns. Obs and Canons is easiest. Or Void Array(s) and army.

Why is the mission called Rifts to Korhal when it’s clearly Shards to Korhal? That might be a bigger bug to fix than the early attack wave or the stupid-early Void Rift spawn @ 2:20. /s

PS. What happens if you get Twister and Blizzard together? Will the Twister knock your units out of being stuck in a Blizzard? Perhaps the twisters will just lob your units from blizzard to blizzard until everything is dead.

Beat it with P3 Zagara m(e) and P1 Tychus ally.

My role is pretty much killing void rifts as much as possible and my ally is pushing the main objectives.

It was pretty easy, I went Zagara P3, ally went P2 Abby. We didn’t have to divide the roles this way. Even took care of the bonus.

The last 4 games in my match history are the mutations of the last 4 weeks lol, at this point I’m just curious how long I can keep the 1 game a week streak. Though it’ll probably be harder to one-shot them once the harder mutations roll around.

Pretty easy. I went with P1 Karax and my ally got P0 Artanis. I spread my cannons and monoliths throughout the map so they can take them down as soon as they popped up while Artanis do the work on the Void Shard.

1 Like

Han and Horner makes this so easy just like usual vs Void Rifts. Did this with a level 6 Abathur ally.

1 Like

I was so confident in the easiness of that mission that I did several things I usually never do:

• I replayed the mutation a second time
  • I played the mutation in Hard
  • I didn’t curse my ally for choosing the Hard difficulty

Zagara P1 easily crushed that poor map. I wish my Swann ally had been better at anti-air to not leave the bonus around for a significant time, but there was no big trouble. I think I saw a Brutalisk in Amon army, but things die so quickly against a stressed multi-hatcheries Zagara spamming like crazy :smiley:

edit: Replay: https://drop.sc/replay/17239163

Yep, much more stressful than the previous weeks.

Lost my first game with aby P2 (so back to leveling him from lvl 1) and had to do it with one of my strong commander (Dehaka). Even then it was far from obvious for me with rifts popping all the time like crazy.

I think I was reading the Prestige descriptions only a few minutes after they came out. I skim read through and the moment I read Apex Predator (Zagara’s P3) I thought “Void Rifts, I can finally deal with Void Rifts”, and I’m glad to see it’s true. I didn’t really play on form but it’s not too hard to completely switch off the mutator and then do at least a little of the objectives, with the ally handling the rest.

Interesting that Han and Horner is winning (11 votes to Abathur’s 7, and Zagara, Mengsk, Stetmann and Alarak at 4). Obviously they’re good for it, but I’d still put Abathur first. I voted for Zagara anyway because I can’t have her below Alarak.