Co-Op Mutation #194: Timely Reinforcements

The infested are one thing, but Amon’s Void Rifts are an even bigger threat. Take 'em out.

Temporal Field - Enemy Temporal Fields are periodically deployed throughout the map.
Void Rifts - Void Rifts periodically appear in random locations and spawn enemy units until destroyed.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG (Swann)] Ancalagon (Zagara)
[CtG (Artanis)] Ancalagon (Stukov)
[CtG (Kerrigan)] Ancalagon (Alarak)
[CtG (Raynor)] Ancalagon (Tychus)
[CtG (Vorazun)] Ancalagon (Han and Horner)
[CtG (Stetmann)] [Spokhy (Dehaka)]
[CtG (Karax)] [Hunter (Nova)]
[CtG (Arcturus)] [Spohky (Abathur)]

[Reddit Post Link]

Time Rifts
2:20 2 Rifts
3:50 2 Rifts
5:20 2 Rifts
6:50 2 Rifts
8:20 4 Rifts
9:50 4 Rifts
11:20 4 Rifts
12:50 4 Rifts
14:20, and after every 90 seconds 4 Rifts

Other Notes:

• Each Void Rift has 500HP, and their spawnings are signalled by a minimap ping on each Rift.
  • Early Void Rift spawn locations:
  • Units that spawn from Void Rifts do not drop biomass nor essence.
  • Void Rifts tend to spawn in places where there are not a lot of enemy units nearby.
  • Temporal Field renders units and buildings completely immobile until it dissipates. Heroes are slowed.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/19147273
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/19147276
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/19147277

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

4 Likes

this week bset… Abathur. :slight_smile:

#194 Mutation Timely Reinforcements play list…

3 Likes

Abathur Solo - ezpz

What split did you use there for morph rate/nest charges?

Split for mastery set 3 really depends on how efficient you are with nest usage as well as the map. I typically run with 2/28 split for ME. Also, 6/24 is recommended for set 1, since 6 points will let you 2-shot aberrations (5 for simultaneous detonation, 6 if aberration heals between nests).

1 Like

Lila really does put the work into his abs.

2 Likes

5/25
You may farm abberations from the right side of expansion shuttle if the launch point there is available(LilArrin approach). Since I’m not sure if it’s available or not, I farmed a safer route with bottom shuttle (time is imminent, rifts spawn at 2:20).

Oh is that all? Those areas aren’t even defended! First 8 minutes?

Basically just Void Rifts only. Since the first couple Void Rifts spawn in undefended areas this is probably one of the easier mutations we’ve had.

Did it second try (screwed up first try as Karax); went as Vorazun with a random Artanis. I went Void Rays, he went Dragoons, and aside from the occasional misstep, went pretty smooth.

Just fyi, they can spawn other places early on than the yellow zones shown in the attached map.
In my first game they spawned in the defended approach to the expo’s west ramp and just to the east of the main.
Probably the easiest Rift mutation I’ve tried, did it with Dehaka helped by a good Karax who ended up covering the map with cannons and observers.

Beat twice with Dehaka with Kerrigan and Artanis allies. Build zerglings early to help dehaka take rifts until you get to mutas that handle that job much better. Also it’s beneficial to use the -worm cooldown mastery over the primal packleader duration mastery because worms are excellent at sniping void rifts. Use the worms Q ability and then make sure your have it focus fire the rift so it finishes it off if other enemies are near by. Build guardians with the explosive spore upgrade for ship defense and it’s GG.

1 Like

I think my game is bugged. The mutator changed to the one that resources mining become less but scatter around the map. No void rifts and temporal field.

Either you or your teammate queued for brutal+1 mutation.

2 Likes

I have Brutal selected, and I thought Brutal+ is only available when you’re in a party with someone and not available for weekly mutation. I have never met my ally before.

Brutal + is bugged where you can queue for Brutation with Brutal+1 difficulty. Interestingly, when you try to switch back to a regular game it will tell you you can only queue brutal+ in regular co-op until you go back to brutation, so you have to leave the co-op tab and come back.

Anyways, if your ally queued for brutation+1, he is equally likely to come across someone who is actually queueing brutal+ as he is to come across someone queueing mutation and put them in a brutal+1. Either way, you will get the +175% experience for brutal+1, AND the brutal mutation bounty.

1 Like

Interesting. Is this bug well-knowned? This is the first time I heard about it.

I don’t think I’ve ever choose Brutal+ before, and it clearly says Brutal at the beginning of the video.

1 Like

This looks fun, haven’t played it yet. Probably gonna run Swann since he covers the most bases here for what the challenge is.

Swann was ok, but very rough overall. He is slow, and rifts beg for speed above all else. However, once you get your drill upgraded and your factories and starport online, you should be able to blast your way to victory.

The easiest experience I had was playing as Zeratul. His Hero unit is incredible for sniping rifts, not to mention the amazing early power from Telberus legion, and his static defense can also kill any rift you have vision of, and his army can hold ships very confidently without much micro. Plus, Xel’naga watchers mean that once you have the third fragment, you basically have maphacks. Which, with a sufficient cannon count translates into easy rift sniping map wide.

So on Brutal+, it skips the actual mutations you were supposed to have? lol, I might give B+ a shot.

The two resource mutations you got do make things difficult but in regular Hard, my base gets attacked by the 2 min mark (and the rifts spawn every 90 secs). I’d have to say that the vid mission on Brutal+ looked easier than the Hard I did, and I’m a lvl 62 and 24. Agreed that the forces attacking the shuttles were larger but not having your base attacked in the beginning and not more than twice in the mid-game is a huge difference.

Was able to do last week’s brutation with both my Vora’s without needing to be carried once I had DT’s out. This week, Hard & Normal is all I’ve done.