Co-Op Mutation #165: Assembly of Vengeance

Swann gets the laser drill as a separate mutation, and Amon knows better than to invite Stetmann to his team.

6 Likes

Just like how those Christmas present mutations sometimes give good stuff, sometimes bad stuff, they should throw Stetmann in as a random hero spawn who just runs around healing all your units…

2 Likes

Because Stetmann created a hybrid named Sherman, but Gary ate it. So Amon won’t make that mistake again.

6 Likes

Either find a partner so that both players replicate the replays above or skip altogether. This is one of the uglier ‘not for random queue’ brutations.

1 Like

all i can say is this:

spawn camp the regular spawns with cannons (karax zera), mines, nests or wahtever, deep in base so hero can’t touch.

other player kills the isolated hero.

2 Likes

Abathur tip: you can sneak overlords to the spawning places to place toxic nests. If you send the first one south right away, it will arrive just after the first wave.

3 Likes

Where is the post about Co-op#166?

Sorry, it was an incorrect post. :smile:
PD: This mutation was difficult but not impossible. :v:

1 Like

Zagara Abathur finally did the trick, similar strategy as on the void launch map

1 Like

I was going to say they didn’t have pre-existing hero units to use, but then I remembered that one mission in WoL.

So I got nothing.

2 Likes

Oh look, another boring, too difficult to even try Brutation. Sure is fun not being able to play Brutations anymore!

2 Likes

Git gud…

1 Like

Just cleared it with Vora and Zagara I really liked this mutation.

How come? It’s nowhere near as hard as memorable boss if that’s what you were thinking, totally doable if you coordinate with your ally so I think you should give it a shot at least.

4 Likes

Not impossible with random queue, it’s been done already. It’s just a lot more time-consuming with random.

3 Likes

So you said in note real game and custom game, does this means all replays are from custom. Mutation isn’t only about mutators, even if you chose same. I doubt there will be same units and same waves and attacks. So does that mean you were able win only with one commanders pair ? They make it impossible so you have to buy premium commanders to beat mission. I saw one mutation, when even pro gamers had problem to win. What a sh1tty company in all aspects. 1v1 they don’t care about state of the game and not balancing, they force players to buy coop commanders. Still after 10 years no multicore support, if you don’t own 5ghz cpu and 4000mhz ram, you have drops to 20fps in 1v1 and in coop to 1fps, even on high end pc 4.3 ghz cpu i7. Pure trash…

2 Likes

Got a win vs zerg ai in Brutation random queue. Decided to upload it since I haven’t seen any zerg wins in any other videos. Replace the “dot” with a “.”

tinyurl dot com/y6dus74y

3 Likes

I completely skipped Memorable Boss. Any Brutation that demands cheese is not a good Brutation to play.
This Brutation ALWAYS runs over both my ally and me after the first Void Thrasher is slain. If it isn’t the first wave immediately after, then it’s the second one after. There’s just no way to deal with 4.5k health Heroes that early on.
If you target fire the Heroes, then the other units are free to run train on your units. If you try to deal with them all at once or deal with the normal units first, the Heroes just become massive.
It’s like, what the hell, man? This is not a fun Brutation and heavily discourages me from playing at all. Doesn’t help that regular Co-op is a dissuasion from Alarak being broken and Stetlagg still being a problem. (And no, I’m not a Mass MechFestor player. I enjoy using actual armies, lol.)

2 Likes

Memorable boss didn’t demand cheese, spawn camping was just one of the most reliable ways to complete it. People still did with something like Karax/Swann mass static defense and faced all heroes properly. Not that I am arguing that memorable boss wasn’t probably too much for most people (and I think blizzard agreed).

In any case as I said this mutation is way easier than memorable boss. I cleared it with Vora and DT murdered almost every hero, the only one that really gave me trouble was Kerrigan with max avenger stacks. Mind you I got max avenger with almost everyone because shadow dance. My ally was a Zagara that did a very good job dealing with their waves as well and also donated me gas after the first half of the mission.

The only thing I’d give you is that I had to reroll a couple of times for a mostly ground army (bio) and ground hybrids to properly make Vora work. Other than that we played pretty much as a regular mission, no spawn camping at all.

Sorry if that was a bit unfocused my point is just that the mutation is completely doable even if you are not spawn camping perfectly with Abathur or Raynor. I hope you keep trying and clear it. Not that I wouldn’t understand if you are done with it though, mutations can be frustrating sometimes and this one is not by any means the easy ones that you barely notice the mutator.

3 Likes

I don’t feel it’s entirely fair if you solo queue to just pop out of a game just because you didn’t get x composition. Just isn’t a good Brutation this week.

1 Like

@Sprite still brings up a good point though. Mutations in general shouldn’t require the average players to know the map that intimately. I just feel bad because while I can empathize with the high level players needing a bigger challenge, the “public weekly challenge” should not be catered towards that.

It’s one thing to know how to cheese and abuse SoA or LL and get faster exp reward for it. It’s entirely a different matter for players to be expected to push areas much earlier, bury Widow Mines, Toxic Nests, or Banes to spawn destroy waves (just to nullify Avenger mutator).

I remain an advocate of fun mutators => mutations over the philosophy of “add more difficult mutators”. What has this system and its bounties brought at all since it’s debut?

3 Likes

Alright fair enough then. Yeah I’d agree that if you are forced to play with randoms then it’s not worth trying.

Define fun mutators though I really liked this mutation and I thought it was a lot of fun because it was a challenge but it didn’t require perfect gameplay like memorable boss. If you mean that there shouldn’t be mutations like memorable boss then I’d agree but something like this week is perfectly acceptable to me.

Meanwhile last week with eminent and scorched earth was so straightforward that I question what was the point of it other than bother Karax players.

As for requiring map knowledge I honestly believe even regular missions should, that is something rather basic that you can slowly learn by just playing normally and paying attention, or watch a video like the ones CtG made on Temple patterns etc.

2 Likes