Co-op mod troll (with using game hack)

He was using the nickname [ box ].
He was doing nothing from the start, defending the offensive wave on my own and breaking the target on my own.
Eventually, As the final object neared, he showed his real face and began to break down my buildings while I moved my troops.

I tried to report this guy, but the game results window says I played the game by alone.
There was no sign of him.
Maybe this guy used a game hack program to prevent bad user reporting.

This guy didn’t say a word, probably It’s because [Battle tag] can be exposed through chat records.

So I realized a way to solve this.
After the game starts, you give a simple greeting to the opponent.

If the opponent doesn’t answer, it may be this kind of troll, so you have to leave the game right away.

Blizzard’s reporting manual just tell me to press the reporting button in the game, and I cannot officially inquire and report this kind of person.
There is no way to punish these trolls.

I am not good at English because I am a foreigner. :joy:

Not everyone is social.

I think you mean partner. Some people don’t greet, which is fine.

Yes this one is a troll. Sorry this happened to you. I would be annoyed if someone did this to me.

You’d be quitting a lot though if you do so simply cuz they didn’t chat at all.

I just check if they are building workers. If they do nothing within the first minute I just quit.

2 Likes

Another issue is some people don’t speak English. They’re foreigners who prefer to play on Americas for, reasons. I guess they could always just reply back in their language, but I could see some prefer to just not reply

The reason his nick doesn’t show in match history isn’t because of hacking but because Blizzard still didn’t fix the bug where a player leaving during the game simply doesn’t show up.

And i’m not sure if coop team is to blame for it either, as i faintly remember people complaining about something around those lines happening on ladder (although it was a long time ago, so perhaps it was fixed there?).

To get around it, you can try whispering/messaging the person while you’re still on the score screen, but the option for that will disappear if the person leaves, so you have to be quick.

1 Like

Because of the match history bug, you can’t use the “report” feature. I don’t know the best alternative but I do know that the replay file will still have that player’s information.

You could submit a support request or write a bug report for the issue. Maybe one of those will let you attach a replay file.

I do not agree with this. While yes, what he did was trolling, people being silent at the start of a game does not mean that they are trolls. They may not speak your language. I have had many people in my games that don’t speak English, but still played well. (Or well enough to survive.)

As for the reporting issue, reporting is pointless now. No one really moderates SC2 anymore.

would be really difficult to learn what gl hf or hello means when people say it to you in at least half of your matches, yeah

And there’s loads of other languages that don’t even have a word for hello. /s