Co-op mission map time

not sure if this a a good idea
from recent playthrough on Co-op mission to level up for prestige, found that for come commander, mission time is not long enough to make use of the prestige talent, example ABATHUR prestige level 3(The Limitless)

Devs should add some option for player to choose which prestige to go with until map is chosen

1 Like

Great idea. Someone once suggested a similar idea on this forum. There is only one problem. Who chooses a random game if the shortest map is TWO times the length of the longest and you get not 100% more experience, only a sluggish 25%? Someone who plays it a little longer is tired of playing the same maps over and over, so the argument of boredom doesnā€™t appeal to me.

I think this suggestion has come up multiple times. Including choosing the CO and mastery points (since some Prestiges make some Mastery points meaningless or totally useless). And also for the enemy composition. I fully support the idea; extremely unlikely that it will happen.

Could have been a max 15-20 second selection window; with a ā€œGoā€ button which starts the game immediately if both players ā€˜Goā€™ before the timer expires.

the longest map is TWO times the length of the shortest

2 Likes

I think you should focus on fixing prestige for commanders to better match mission lengths, and not the other way around. Not that it will happen though.

Of course you are right sometimes I use the translator like this and he screwed up something.

2 Likes

I have some Prestiges where for the most part, Iā€™ll only play them on specific missions. For example, P3 HH is nice on the longer ones like MO, P&P, Malwarfare, and TotP

1 Like

What is longest map sc2 coop?

1:
Dead of Night, Chain of Ascension (you can play very long time - probably 7 hours autodefeat)
2:
Void Thrashing, Lock & Load (hard but possible - post below)
3:
Mist Opportunities - 30:08
Temple of the Past - 26:37
Malwarfare 24:29 - 32:24
Part and Parcel - (fast run about 15 min) - 27:28

The problem with the Starcraft 2 cooperative is that while you are developing, the map is already running out. Therefore, it is more pleasant to play with commanders who start easily and develop quickly, so you can have time to enjoy the gameplay, and not the development of the economy and improvements.

some interesting info from starcaraft2coop com:
Fastest Clear Times (Brutal)

Mission Name Clear Time
Lock & Load 05:33
Void Thrashing 06:30
Scythe of Amon 07:15
Rifts to Korhal 08:20
Chain of Ascension 09:25
Miner Evacuation 09:51
Dead of Night 10:44
Cradle of Death 11:02
Part and Parcel 14:22

which means i complete ā€œpart and parcelā€ with bad time

You forgot that Chain of Ascension can be delayed infinitely (well, until the ā€œa bit less than 7 hours auto-defeatā€ thing) , like Dead of Night.
Harder, Void Thrashing also allow it, though you have to distract the surviving thrashers by having units dragging fire to themselves, without killing the thrashers.
Also ā€œharder but possibleā€, Lock&Load, need to manage to prevent Amon to take a lock, make defenses without taking it, and guarding it perfectly.

You also forgot to check that you werenā€™t posting in a topic 2 years old

2 Likes

Thank you, i really didnā€™t think about it.
I edit my post above.
Now it is looks like guide how to play for very long time 1 map )

I post it here because i googled longest sc2 coop maps. Now this info here at least.