Closed banners and decals

I bought a war chest and can’t use banners and decals, they are closed and not in my collection. Who knows how to open them and why they are closed? I bought it in the Ukrainian region, if it helps

When did you buy the warchest?

As far as I’m aware, warchests haven’t been available for years. They’ve had skin bundles, but I didn’t think they came with the decals and things that were unlocked with the warchests from a few years ago.

If you purchased the warchest a few years ago, then you had to play the game (or watch certain twitch streams for 30 minutes) to unlock each skin/banner during the months that they were available in order to unlock them. These games could have been vs AI, a custom game, 1v1 or teams or even co-op, and really didn’t take long to do at all. Maybe a couple games a week, if that.

Edit: Looking at the bundles in the sc2 client, none of them include any of the banners from the Warchests from a few years back.

To answer your question though, as far as the skins, banners, portraits and decals are concerned, there was a skin unlocked at every level of the warchest (there were 15 total per warchest) and banners/decals were unlocked at specific levels as I recall.

When did you buy the warchest?

2 month ago

Is it possible to get it or open it somehow now?

It sounds like you bought a skin bundle, rather than the Warchest then; Warchests haven’t been sold for years, and so far as I am aware, the skin-bundles don’t come with the banners or other cosmetics that were associated with the Warchests from 2017-2019.

Additionally, there were a number of cosmetics that came with the free tier of Warchests which also included banners and the like. None of these were ever sold once the Warchests ended.

Unfortunately, I think you’re out of luck as far as those banners and portraits go - I don’t think there’s any way to acquire them if you didn’t get the original warchests from those years past.

1 Like