Cliff Issue (BLIZZARD PLS FIX THIS)

After the 5.0 patch I can no longer add a cliff terrain that is purely consists of level 2+ cliff. System will automatically generate a layer of level 1 cliff on its edge. This adjustment that blizzard have made was annoying as hell, given that we don’t really need that much height. Changing the rule of creating cliffs only bothering map makers. Those existed map should also apply this rule if a fix is not going to be made.

3 Likes

You can only have 2 cliff levels above the ground height before 5.0

How could this 5.0 change made you no longer to do something?

It is impossible to make cliffs directly from the lowest cliff level to level 3 since patch 5.0.

Here’s a picture of a terrain pre patch. It can’t be done anymore:

https ://i.imgur. com/efyBKnn.png

(remove spaces, the forum doesn’t let me add links)

1 Like

Same exact issue myself. if the cliff spread is any larger than 2 it will generate a new cliff level in between

Previously you could go from the highest level to the lowest without issue, 5.0 broke this for me as well and has broken quite a few project maps of mine

A workaround for now is to either create a custom terrain object or use one around the terrain that is of height 3 to place it down, then remove it. The terrain will be successfully modified. I wouldn’t suggest going above 3 though on the cells for that object.

Hi, could you demonstrate the work around, sounds like a solution for now if I can get it to work :slight_smile: