Classic Skins Discussion

So, Blizzard announced that we will get three new Classic skins; Battlecruiser, Ultralisk, and Carrier.

There are now multiple Classic skins per race.

Terran:

• SCV, Marine, and Battlecruiser.

Zerg:

• Drone, Hydralisk, and Ultralisk.

Protoss:

• Probe, Zealot and Carrier.

However, if they were to add more Classic skins; what would that mean for Starcraft 2 exclusive units like Reaper, Roach or Adept?

What units would you like to get the Classic skin treatment?

Personally; I want to see the Classic Ghost, Zergling, and High Templar.

1 Like

You could go with Classic Muta as well.

Classic Scout in place of Phoenix.

I’ve always hoped for some melding of classic skins into their successor units, like a firebat marauder or defiler viper.

It’d have to be more themed around the unit than a straight classic version for readability (since obviously defilers don’t fly), but I think they could make it look good.

2 Likes

I hope to show sc 2 units as prototypes for example the reaper with aesthetic sc1 or cmc230 that also had a flight backpack

As this is the subject of Classic skins for units; I honestly prefer the Classic Firebat design opposed to Starcraft 2’s.

While technically already in the game; I do want to see the actual Classic design for the Dark Templar. The Starcraft 2 version does have the single blade; but it doesn’t have the same clothes. Starcraft 1’s Dark Templar masked basically was wrapped around their head and face. Also, I think they had less armor.

I rather like the SC2 dark templar, actually. the extra armor kind of helps show the benefits the Nerazim have had from the Khalai. Its still their own design, but now they have extra resources and expertise to work from to make it better.

A classic DT skin would be cool, of course, with a blue (or team colored) warp blade and a mostly black/gray cloak. But its one of the few areas I think SC2 solidly improved the aesthetic.

4 Likes

Yeah, DT look is one of the best in SC2. Both Lenassa and Zera’tai.

I want to see some of the other tribes/clans variants to the Dark Templar like the Boros or Alysaar.

Sure, bring them.

[quote=“ZealousGamer-1296, post:9, topic:3573, full:true”]
I want to see some of the other tribes/clans variants to the Dark Templar like the Boros or Alysaar.
[/quote

I’d like to see the khalai tribes too. Auriga aerospace craft, Akilae infantry, Furinax robots, Shelak crystal tech, Sargas avengers (khalai dark templar equivalent), whatever the Venatir do, etc.

1 Like

Im not sure there would be enough distinction between the tribes for that to matter much. The Khala kept everybody fairly unified and uniform, and the differences would be more across caste than across tribes. They differentiated themselves by what they did, not how they did it.

1 Like

mAnUaL

Excuse me, I’ll head to the door.

1 Like

I suppose Blizzard will just keep inventing new tribes that survived from the eon war like the taldarim and ihanrii. And new zerg swarms. And new terran nations. They set the precedent for the flood gates to open.

Any predictions for the new faction skins?

I have a few:

• A new protoss tribe that is identical to the conclave and khala, but palette swapped and name changed. Their one-note shtick is that they fear heretics and want to promote peace through submission to their tumblr hive mind.

• A new zerg swarm that is identical to the overmind and cerebrates, but palette swapped and name changed. Their one-note shtick is that they want to eat everyone in koprulu to use their essence as weapons against another foe, like the new protoss tribe or a new group of xel’naga.

• A new terran government whose shtick is being rugged space cowboys, even down to having southern accents, dressing in period fashions, and calling their government the Confederation.

Any of that seem plausible to you?

only that of the protoss, blizard could invent a new tribe for conclave, although Nahaan, the representative of the Ara tribe, has not yet been declared dead and he shows himself with the aspiration to lead (with a judicator tendency). but I think that the classical armies will be returned only with a scenario what if x character had not died

I’d really like a full Nerazim skin pack, maybe frame it as a response to the Golden age movement.

Of course what I want most of all is some freaking purifier structures.

2 Likes

Yes please.

Im not sure what they would do for Nerazim High Templar though. They kind of intentionally avoid that kind of use of their powers.

Suits that gather khala energy for them.

How about this.

“Following the End War several Templar warriors began to emulate the example set by Tassadar and Artanis in embracing Nerazim traditions. Though viewed as aberrant by some traditionalists these “Twilight Templar” stand as strong symbols of unity within the daelaam.”

2 Likes

That’s cool but I want an actual separate Twilight Templar unit.