Choice of prestige talent

Zeratul as an example, looking at the prestige talents, only the 2nd one interests me. But I just found out that they are unlocked in descending order. There’s going to be lots of instances where someone wants to play the 2nd or 3rd talent, but has to trudge through all the previous talents.

Give the option to choose which talent we want to unlock next.

8 Likes

Definitely would prefer to choose which one to unlock instead of being forced to get them in order.

4 Likes

I fully agree. Many of the prestiges I want are the 3rd unlock. I don’t want to grind 30+ levels just to play a new kit that interests me.

1 Like

Well it depends on what the team’s KPI is (or what kind of KPI they would like to monitor).

Take Hearthstone for e.g., I won’t be surprise that game play duration is part of their KPI. The animations take forever for some cards (average of 4-7 secs per card’s effect) so you imagine just playing a game with 30 cards per deck each player. This is assuming that you don’t discover additional cards while playing.

Assuming if SC2’s developer’s KPI is the same, then it stands to reason that they might put preferred talents further back to force people to spend more time in game. I mean, they are already adding 1 achievement per mission to ‘force’ people to play all campaigns again.

I agree it should be a choice. There are a few commanders I don’t currently play but was thinking of picking up because some of their prestige choices changed them in interesting ways, but if I have to re-level them multiple times to get the talent I want, I’m not going to bother.

4 Likes

This is my major complaint with the new prestige system. I would very much rather we be able to choose what talent we get upon prestiging instead of getting them in order. For me my favorite commander is Kerrigan. Her first two talents don’t interest me much but I’d love to user her third talent. With the current system I will have to slog through 30 more levels just to unlock the talent I want to play with.

I’m sorry but I’m not going to grind 45 levels just to get a situational buff. I will pass on that one.

2 Likes