Capital Ships vs Primal Kerrigan

No said , your essence is preserved in the main hatchery.
Although ambiguous, the game is still consistent with the word of God about the irrelevance of death
first death of kerrigan in HotS

[QUOTE]Spain version
Naktul or Izsha: Your essence is preserved in the main hatchery . When you are about to die, you will come to the hatchery to heal yourself.[/QUOTE]

essence is a reference to genetic code in the zerg or soul(void energy form) either one suggests the existence of a kerrigan backup later tit seems to be an insinuation they go on to say that when she is close to dying she should retreat to heal

Zagara reincarnating

While on the first occasion that we defeated her, she runs away the same thing Naktul / Izsha asks us to do instead of dying

On the second occasion that she is defeated, she replies offended that she has been killed by minions

[QUOTE] Zagara[ : You will pay for this.

Zagara : No! This cannot be!

Zagara : You kill me with minions! At least fight me yourself!

and alleges that it does not matter because she will return infinitely until the swarm persists.

> After 90 seconds has passed after Zagara died

Zagara : You cannot stop me.

Zagara : Defeat me a thousand times, and I will always return!

Zagara : I am eternal as long as the Swarm survives.

Abathur about death

Stukov : Narud has held these Talā€™darim in reserve. They are his best troops. The final battle is near.

Stukov : A shame. This ultralisk might have been useful.

Abathur : Organism Stukov misunderstands. Death irrelevant. Only essence important.

Abathur : Ultralisk reconstituted. Ultimate expression of Swarm evolution.

1 Like

You just got help from Spanish version. 3 months later.

Better late than never. :man_shrugging:

I was a little lazy in his time I thought it was relatively clear the dose of ambiguity but I had a debate about this now, so i said why not
Ican no t find this in English, no one will let Kerrigan die in Pheaton

This sounds like a set up for an adult film :joy:

Yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™m confused about. If higher ranking Zerg like broodmothers, Abathur, Kerrigan, even Stukov and Dehaka can respawn when killed, why is death such a huge deal for Zerg?

We see this in LotV when Artanis met a dying Kerrigan. Like why is Kerrigan so worried? She can always be reborn in a hatchery and just win against the hybrids in a battle of attrition. And also with Narud in Skygeirr, why was Kerrigan so worried? Canā€™t she just respawn in her leviathan or hatchery? Idk maybe void creatures affect Zerg reincarnation cycle differently.

And a bit off topic, but if broodmothers are killed, can they be resurrected like cerebrates? Or are they not immortal? Feels like death shouldnā€™t matter to psionics like them, they can always transfer consciousness to new bodies right?

The void nullifies zerg reincarnation. Thatā€™s way back from SC1.

2 Likes

Yeah I just googled it. Thanks for clarifying. So does that mean Kerrigan era swarm can reincarnate or is that just exclusively for Overmind era cerebrates?