Can't play on custom, the game crashes on this menu

Is it down again for everyone?

1 Like

Itā€™s hit or miss Iā€™ve noticed. Guess these script kiddiesā€™ Xelā€™naga artifact needs to recharge once in a while.

1 Like

Yeah, until some measures are put in place, itā€™s going to be a whack-a-mole situation for a while.

About the time you posted, there was an exploited lobby. It was nabbed pretty quickly though.

NA server was working for a few hours but a new hacker lobby just opened with the title:

ā€œMy Discord: smithparasite (Sub 2 Patreon 2 Stop Crashes)ā€

The map name is ā€œP A R A S I T E - TESTā€, but it also says Unknown 357959 after it.

I know itā€™s just a throw away account, but the hostā€™s handle is: Smith#1491

Looks like Blizzard removed the hacker shortly after I posted that.

But now heā€™s back about an hour later using same map and lobby title, this time under the handle: Smith#1234

Looks like microsft revolve the ā€œblueā€ the green is not even half hearted. Gates if you gonna come through on this genre you got to be balls to the wall. we all hoped you could save it but theā€¦bethesda and activison buyā€¦ you signed of on projects that were cash grabs. prove to us you will change all the ā€œgamesā€ . it was a hope and we knew we needed the dream but. ill buy a couple next year products but. if you dont come through ima boycott you like ā€œeaā€(dodo on the world)

A suggestion:

Simply auto-kick lobbies which are inactive >10 mins.

I donā€™t think this hacker has the patience and time to launch a lobby every 10 min.

They made 30+ accounts, spent more than a year trying to mess with arcade/specific maps, wasted money to buy servers to grab ips in the first exploit, and generally spending entire day doing this. Trust me thatā€™s not a solution, and plus it can be worked around anyways

they could just make a macro to do it no?

Lol this is a weekly problem that blizzard doesnā€™t have the intelligence to figure out.

This hacker lobby has been open for the last 6 hours:

Handle: Smith#1620
Map: P A R A S I T E - TEST + Unknown 357959
Title: My Discord: smithparasite (Sub 2 Patreon 2 Stop Crashes)

1 Like

Itā€™s being done with Malicious Intent, which itself is a crime. So iā€™m sure charges can be pressed on the individual if it came down to it.

Theyā€™ve been trolling Parasite for 7 years.

You are underestimating their dedication.

Why does it take so long to remove these lobbies? They should be removed within minutes of them being placed and the accounts banned.

This just shows a deep lack of priority from Blizzard, which is sad to see.

The maps were removed relatively quickly, but the lobbies remained. I suspect that purging the lobbies requires a server reset, which would be done at the least active time of the day.

If my guess is right, then a real fix would require creating entirely new functionality in the server software. This is a significant effort in a legacy code base where the original developers have forgotten many of the details or have left the company.

Now i got this problem as well :frowning:

Hey CptObvious,

This old thread is about a different issue than what people are currently running into.

For the lags and hangs that appeared with the recent patch, as a work around try disabling the Mature Language Filter in the gameā€™s settings.

You may have to click between game modes for it to take effect.

1 Like

Hey CaptObvious,

Another patch was pushed last evening that hopefully addresses the lags/hangs.

If inclined, try reenabling the Mature Language filter to see if the lags/hangs are cleared up.

1 Like