Cannon rushing a little too often

Hey Blizzard. So how about nerfing those cannons huh?

4 Likes

Honestly! Thereā€™s one player I keep seeing in 4v4, DiaS (Murdock too but not as bad), he has 15000 games played, canon rush EVERY time. Heā€™s level 0 Terran and Zerg, itā€™s forge first in EVERY MATCH of his match history, and he hasnā€™t completed a single campaign. Itā€™s utterly disgraceful! Heā€™s master 3 as well! Never built a robotics facility in his life.

What grinds my gears is how, to be a high rank, you basically need to either be good at the game, or cheese.

This strategy shouldnā€™t exist to begin with. It can be held as Terran or Zerg, but when you do it right against a Protoss, the defending Protoss has to do a perfect defense or he will lose every single time. The cannon rusher can make about 3-5 mistakes even at the high level and still pull it off. Itā€™s funny that the race it hurts the most is itself.

2 Likes

Perfect defense mean pull out all probe for defense?

If you pull all your probes, you lose out on mining time. You need exactly 3 per structure and need to prevent certain placements from taking place at certain times or itā€™s game over. Itā€™s ridiculous

2 Likes

That is how a competitive ladder works, yes? Defending cheese is a skill. If you cant do that, you cant really say youre actually good at the game.

3 Likes

Cannon rushing allowed an old man like myself to make GM. Nice to have something in the game to give us old timers a chance.

2 Likes

No, learning how to defend cheese makes you a big neeerd

If the devs donā€™t care about fixing these problems, neither should we.

Television is better.

Iā€™ve suggested an easy fix a while ago: either decrease the cannonā€™s power levels when itā€™s not near a nexus, or make it so cannons canā€™t attack structures.

Are you sure youā€™re not working for Blizzard? It sounds exactly like something they would do. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think thatā€™s the reason they donā€™t want to touch it. Each race has 100% winrate in their mirror match, so why bother changing them when they are ā€œbalancedā€ already?

And if they do add something to change it, itā€™s some unnecessarily convoluted and counterintuitive gimmick like Nexus/Pylon/Battery overcharge or warp-ins having two speeds. Instead of dealing with the problem directly, they try to go around it.

I liked your comeback to my reply, but it seems like Blizzard didnā€™t, as itā€™s now gone. :frowning:

Iā€™m aware, I got a 2 days ban for it lol.

1 Like

Cannon rushes and buildings outside a base arenā€™t training anyone for a real war, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s like that due to laziness, or ā€˜classic gameplayā€™ lmao.
Itā€™s literally impossible to cart building materials far away, so stupid.

Imagine complaining about realism in a video game where the brain aliens literally teleport their buildings onto the battlefield.

Welcome back Mr. ā€˜Iā€™ll argue with anyoneā€™.

You won the stupid contest already, so its a bit late to be complaining about the stupid prize.

Itā€™s so easy to ignore