Can you practice a solo mission?

So I was on reddit and a poster posted a video of him playing the stopping the trains coop mission. It was just him and no other commanders. I left a comment and he said that the game he was playing was from the arcade and it was an emulation of the real co-OP mission.

So here’s my questions. 1, I couldn’t get it to work so any help would be appreciated. 2, is there a way to play these co op missions alone and practice different difficulties. I have too easy of a time on hard but brutal is too hard for me. And I don’t like screwing up the mission for my partner and I don’t want to force my partner to carry me. Is it possible to play the missions solo and I can practice brutal setting and I won’t be ruining anyone else’s game. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can practice solo in Maguro Map in the Arcade.
Go to Arcade and type MM and choose any map you like.

1 Like
  1. Have you tried looking for ‘Maguro’ s map in custom games? These allow you to start solo.

I have no difficulty to carry an ally on brutal and kill 80% or more (for several commanders at least) but solo brutal is more challenging that that since you have to do 100%. Maybe try to solo hard rather than brutal especially if you struggle to do 50%.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

I used to find a friend to just start the game for me since I can solo myself with 2 economies. Have them start then leave. That is another option too.

Plus at least you are farming XP.

1 Like

Topic [solved] :joy: lol

1 Like

Also, Lowko has beaten a brutal and a brutal mutation mission on his own before, he just had his ally leave from the start, I expect that, that was what this person did as well.

Brutal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to4WeDDwwLk

Mutation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_CX8dcQnuU

1 Like

I think this mutation is lowko’s only valid solo cause every other time he kept taking his ally’s bases which is not considered solo, the Brutal game is not solo.

Anyway using the arcade maps is a much easier way to do solo missions than trying to get an ally to leave.

1 Like

The only subtility here, is to not miss in Maguro Map that you need to type something in the chat before the mission to indeed play alone, with nothing from another commander at all.

You can either way. Either use the “solo” command, which removes the ally entirely OR just start your game. The latter case, computer simply sits there and gathers anyway.

Imo, it is more realistic in the latter case (as it is a liability to victory conditions, as your ally can die while doing absolutely nothing useful).

Don’t take my word for it, give it a try cuz I’ve used the command once and that was a long time ago.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the tips. I’ll try it.

1 Like

One of my advice that I kept giving was to play a CO that is easy like Tychus or Zeratul if you want to move to the next difficulty. Both of these COs are really hard to screw up. Hard and Brutal are already the same speed, only difference is more enemy units with Brutal.

Playing solo requires a different mentality (in all difficulties). You always have to keep thinking about the next enemy wave and if your army / top bar are able to handle it. In Brutal it is usually 1-2 min apart from one another. On top of that on trigger maps you may need to rush in between enemy waves, which could result in lost of you army.

In non-solos you could always fall back on your partner if you needed help or if you can’t get the next enemy wave.

And the attack wave timings. Like on RtK - there’s no 2:30 attack wave on lower difficulties. The economic loss in having to deal with it on Brutal is quite different from not having to deal with on Hard.

I have been mostly playing solo since dehake came out. The game is free now so I put it also on my laptop. At first I did it to level commanders and mastery points and with the prestige system I used it again to level a lot more.

When you don’t have an extra pc or laptop you can also run multiple games from one pc but you have to google a bit to make that work. When you don’t care about exp and just want to test I suggest the arcade speedrunner maps. There you can simply start the game without an ally and also play all commanders even with max mastery points.

glhf

https://www.maguro.one/p/my-maps.html

For those that want to learn more about Maguro’s Maps, custom mutators, and whatnot.

It does start with less for sure. 7 patches on main for most.

Players need to realize that intrinsically changes your build order. Where you are spending that extra time saturating, you now have to readjust your tech timing and all that follows.

It’s quicker in all those senses, subtle but generally where I see people having trouble transitioning. And not necessarily due to the speed at all (which is no longer an issue).

Yes, ha? Ha? Ha??

It’s just part of the game, sorry if I’m confused at your comment.

I mean building Gateway before Pylon as Artanis is basic, that change once you hit level15 is an advantage to your build order and tech timing. It’s not anything fancy but having to saturate more probes can mean (especially to a player transitioning from Hard to Brutal) that maybe he/she needs to spend that mineral on something else.

I’m merely pointing that out. No need to be like that.

There’s a difference between having a laugh and laughing at someone.

Don’t think you’re being clever with the “it’s a joke bro”.

I didn’t get your joke, big whoop. Why go the extra twenty and half mile to say “chill, it’s a joke”?