Can we have a vote to remove polarity in mutations?

For those unfamiliar: each enemy unit is immune to either your units or your ally’s units.

This makes the game extremely frustrating if your ally is incompetent and misses a unit or you prefer to split your armies rather than making one large deathball.

Could we have a vote to remove polarity in the mutation cycle?

28 Likes

Yeah, please change Polarity. I like solo’ing.

5 Likes

Yeah… why would anyone want to keep it in? Count me out.

5 Likes

What do you mean by this? Don’t you mean you want to remove it so you can solo it?

1 Like

Definitely. It’s very annoying to do with public queue allies.

7 Likes

May be changing it into.

Each unit only be vulnerable to units of one player at a time. Vulnerability change every 30s?

3 Likes

That’d be even more annoying. 30s is a long time, enough for the enemy to kill most of our forces if the ally doesn’t move fast enough. And if one of us is late in responding to isolated enemies, they may change polarity by the time we get there and then the other player would have go instead.

It’s just an overall nuisance of a mutator and I’d be much happier if I never saw it again.

6 Likes

Well, you can kill all you can and then run away till they change.

2 Likes

What if my ally doesn’t move fast enough and they change back just as he gets there? Like I said, it would make an annoying mutator even more tedious.

1 Like

So you are all good enough to do it but are brought down by team mates? Isn’t the solution to this problem just to add each other?

I think that one of the best solutions to the polarity mutation is going out of your way to find allies that think polarity is a unfair/unfun gamemode to add each other is not a good solution in general.

Mutations should be challenging yes, but they shouldn’t make your ally another enemy that can bring you down.

4 Likes

Yea, I want to kick Polarity so I can solo missions.
I’ll edit the post.

2 Likes

Polarity is the mutator that force player who have stronger momentum to keep holding themselves back. It is actually one of the easiest mutator if you can follow the pace of your ally, provided that your ally doesn’t suck and is able to deal with every threat in a timely manner.

If your ally far out-paces you and don’t wait for your army and engage as soon as he can, you may as well just leave the game since your ally is not cooperating, the mission is hopeless.

I don’t care about what speed advantage or teleport options your commander have, if you don’t drop your pace to the level of your ally army is, and don’t build statics right next to your ally’s statics you are just going to lose.

5 Likes

NO, it is not more annoying than a few other ones, even though many (most?) people hate it.

4 Likes

I’m okay with polarity, just not a fan of how often they like to use it as a weekly mutation.

10 Likes

May be a change to make player solo-able Polarity will improve the situation?

1 Like

Polarity by itself is not really a problem so I don’t think it warrants being banned forever they should just not make dumb mutations like railroad switch. That and not overuse it as well, everyone is feeling even more negative about it because of the recent mutations we had.

7 Likes

remove chaos studios while you’re at it

8 Likes

Make it so it expires after 30s than. After that, Polarity for those units runs out, and is now vulnerable to both players.

Change polarity to 50% damage reduction instead of no damage.

7 Likes