Can we have a fix for construction command?

I think many Zerg players have experienced this bug or issue where a spore or any other building production gets interrupted by our own units and after some time it comes to be a very crusial build to have set. This has been for years, why isn’t it fixed yet? Why does the building command expire or why the units stop relocating themselves in order for the building gets completely set to construct.

Any answer?

This happens for every race. It’s exceedingly common for SCVs to do this too.

2 Likes

Not to mention that zerg has least amount of buildings to construct of all 3 races.

Yep.

Generally orders get cancelled when units can’t place down the building for one reason or another. For SCVs (and sometimes probes) this often happens when:

A) the worker gets trapped after finishing production in a space it can’t get out of without assistance - either due to the design of the map, the placement of buildings (generally leaving a gap where it can get stuck behind), closed walls or a combination of the 3.

B) There is no space for the building that had originally been placed down, usually due to another building being placed in that location before construction has started

1. units passing through the area a building is trying to be constructed keep interrupting the building being placed.

This one is the most annoying because it’s related to pathing issues where units keep trying to path through the zone that the building is being placed in, fast enough that it continually delays the building being placed until it thinks that it’s obstructed and will refuse to do so. It’s something that happens because units prioritize pathing through the fastest direction to a location, and don’t take into account something that may be placed there until it’s actively there. Buildings that haven’t started constructed yet have no footprint, so units can still path through them.

Also, Worker AI seems to be particularly stupid/illogical at times. It’s generally fairly consistent, but does have moments where it can absolutely be inconsistent as well, particularly when placing buildings down.

1 Like

Anyway i don’t see any reasons for changes this guy is asking. What can terrans say ? We have to deal with multiple production facilities, addons and oftentimes we have to arrange our buildings in such a way that addon can be placed and not to trap our own units between them. Even pros sometimes struggle with this. So this guy is ridiculous at best.

2 Likes

This is why I’ve started stacking all of my structures vertically, with a 2-width space or lowered supply depots on either side. If I need a horizontal path to get through a line of structures, then the line of structures will be broken by another 2x2 space where I might also place lowered supply-depots to prevent accidental placements.

I highly recommend using that method.

Yeah, I’ve been doing this as long as I can remember. I don’t like haphazard building placement because it’s a constant problem of units getting stuck. It’s a thing I notice with both Protoss and Terran players.

1 Like

I’ve been doing the same, but some maps have very small main - in that case this method won’t really help.

I’ve already argued with you about this but in Brood War you don’t have to place add-on for every production facility plus production facilities didn’t have swappable add-ons (only science facility and command center). On top of that brood war maps had larger main.

I wish they changed terran production system replacing reactors with permanent upgrade “attached” to the building but it’s too late for that.

1 Like