Campaign questions (restarting and getting mission screen)

For the heart of the swarm expansion, there’s an achievement called “Fashion Statement” which is pretty easy - right after you become queen and get your new look, speak to several different characters on the screen where you pick your next mission.

I missed one.

Im done the campaign and now I do “Master Archives” to replay missions.

My question is: is there any way (save file?) to get back to the in-game mission select screen, especially after the mission of becoming queen, so I can get that achievement and “talk” to characters like you could when in the middle of the campaign? Or is the only option to start the campaign over again?

If I start the campaign over again, I thought I saw that I can still get into Master Archives while I’m re-doing the campaign again? Is this true?

If it’s true will I have my level 70 Kerrigan if I play other missions via “Master Archives” while I’m sometimes re-doing the campaign?

Thank you for any help!

Master Archives are its own thing. The archive in-game reflect your choices that you had up until the level you’re selecting, and you can’t play future missions for example. Master Archives give you the maximum upgrades you could potentially have for that level, and lets you modify things like evolution choices.

If you go into a saved game, you can click “Return to Leviathan” and it will take you back. But you have to have a saved game during the level Supreme to reaccess that for the achievement you’re looking for. If you access the mission via the Archives or Master Archives, you won’t be able to return to the Leviathan at that point in the story, and winning the map will just take you back to the Master Archives/Archives screen.

I thought I had a level 70 Kerrigan when I selected an earlier mission. Not positive but I’ll check.

I’ll give that a try but I think my saves on that screen either don’t exist or are an older version of the game. And the only way I know to load them is to go into a mission from “master archives” screen then once in a mission click “load” button from there to find it.

Thank you for the feedback. I really dont want to restart the campaign lol.

Depends on the level, but the Master Archives are notoriously buggy sometimes. Normally though it’s the opposite where it gives you a LOWER level than what you could possibly get, I just reloaded it myself though and it seemed to be what I described.

I’ll give that a try but I think my saves on that screen either don’t exist or are an older version of the game.

So if it’s an older version of the game it’ll still work. When it complains about being on an old patch just hit “Restart.” It’ll reload the level on the newest patch from the beginning, then you can go to the Leviathan and get the achievement, since it’ll be up to date on the newest patch.

I loaded a “supreme” save game where it was in progress (and old version), clicked ‘restart’, finished it, and went back to leviathan. So thank you that part worked out great.

Turns out for the achievement I needed to do “the crucible” mission before it and then before starting “Supreme” talk to them. And I think I just lost my last save files for Crucible because more were created and it only keeps 25 around, so I can’t back up to a save file?

Is there a way I can get back to crucible?

Just put the game on casual and speed run everything. I think you can beat each level in about 5-10 minutes on casual if you know what you’re doing. But I’m diamond so I can click faster than many…

Casual is often ridiculously easy even for only single player oriented players.

My sister cannot figure out how to use Kerrigan to solo anything, so there is a learning curve

1 Like

It of course depends on the Kerrigan build used. You can absolutely spec her weaker so she can’t really do this.

Mostly, being able to solo centers around Mend and Summon Leviathan later on. Mostly.

Kinetic blast, Chain reaction, Mend, Leviathan were my cornerstones.

1 Like

My mix was always Kinetic Blast, Crushing Grip, Spawn Banelings, Ability Efficiency, and Drop Pods.

Spawn Banelings + Ability Efficiency is silly strong, especially when paired with splitters. While HotS groups naturally split there isn’t much counter when they spawn under large groups. But there’s plenty of ways to mix it up.

I admit Leviathan in terms of raw power is better than Drop Pods, but I just find Drop Pods super fun. Nothing feels quite as swarmy as a wall of zerg coming from ahead and above.

Something else to consider, unless you have a bunch of brood lords and mutalisks already, the leviathan is going to get focused by every bit of AA they have, which can be fairly considerable on Korhal. The Drop Pods meanwhile support a wider variety of armies in more ways than just meat shield.

I always had the most fun doing non-optimal builds with her. Malignant Creep!

Actually good in the Bone Trench mission for the achievement.

1 Like