Campaign archives

Hi, this is my first post here. I’m stuck on a LoTV achievement “Monster Hunter” in the mission “Purification”, and I couldn’t get pass it no matter what I do.

I saw some guide using void rays to cheese it and I want to try that, but due to selecting the Purifier mission first instead of Alarak’s Tal’darim mission, I don’t have access to void rays.

The real problem is, there’s another guide using Vanguards and Dragoons but his Solar Core is fully unlocked, based on what I know you can only access upgrades you have during the time you unlock those missions even if you’re accessing it from the Archives. Can someone tell me if I’m missing anything?

If it’s not possible to play previous missions using the upgrades you gain afterwards do I have to replay the whole campaign to get my void rays in those Purifier missions?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to read this dumb question :slightly_smiling_face:.

Edit: The guide video in question:

Hope this doesn’t count as advertising, I will remove it if it is.

Yeah, self-advertise is kind of fine as long as it’s about this game. I believe some people over at the Co-op Forum advertise his/her own YouTube channel all the time.

Anyway, I think if you complete the campaign and then use the Master Archives, it allows access to the best possible unit and Solar Core available to any specific mission. I’ll need to check it up for sure, though.

Use Master Archive as Spirit proposed.

It does work like that.

Thank you both, really. I was just about to start a new campaign but I’m glad I remember to check on this forum first :grin:.

Hi, I need help again. I saw a few people suggested using Mothership for the Purification mission. So I went to check out my Master Archive again and I discovered that I have Void Rays but not Mothership, it’s kinda weird that it’s the only thing locked in the Master Archive yet people are able to access them.

It’s actually very confusing and is there any way I can check which stuff is supposed to be unlocked/locked in each mission?

You need to understand something. I love the campaign so much that I played it numerous times; render the master Archive obsolete. I’ve never used it. Other people here probably don’t use it much often, either.

I believe the Master Archive has a pre-set option for each mission. It doesn’t matter how you play it, everyone is in equal footing there. The option should be the ‘best’ you can access at that mission, but it is possible to play and gain a more advance tech. HotS is a prime example for that

While it’s technically possible to gain access to the Mothership during that mission, Blizzard might simply didn’t allow for it. In which case, restarting the campaign is your only option.

EDITED: Okay, as Brother Bifrost correctly explain, this is not that useful, so I’ll elaborate a bit. In HotS you can go to Keldir first and skip Char. Coming back after Kerrigan is Primal and all, but I believe that option is not possible via Master Archive. The Ravenscar suppose to happens after Slayn and Endion, so that’s probably why you don’t have mothership.

You probably missed a bonus objective.

Spirit, I know you’re bored honey, but that didn’t help him.

This is not out of boredom… I was telling him that I don’t know that for sure. And how the Master Archive works in a nutshell. :dizzy_face:

But yeah, it wasn’t very helpful.

Anyway, use Carriers. They are great for anyone with low APM. Speaking from experience…

1 Like

@Stargazer

Actually, let us get to the root of the problem here. What exactly do you want? I believe Void Ray is more than enough to get that achievement. Do you just ask out of curiosity? Or need help getting that kills?

I tried using void rays but clearing all the objectives plus assaulting enemy main base in just 15 minutes are impossible for me, I read a lot of guide saying the fifth hybrid should come out and assault the core matrix in 13 minutes mark but in all my attempts that doesn’t happen till around 16 to 18 minutes mark, so I’ll have to kill it in the big enemy base.

I tried Void Rays but failed miserably so I wanted to try using Mothership since people were saying it’s so much easier. I will replay the campaign from the start and do the brutal mode achievement this time, thanks.

Yeah, you have to force them. You can’t wait.

Never mind, did it with a Mothership in 12 minutes on first try lol. Strongest hero unit ever.

It’s not that strong outside of this, though. You can only make one and you lost ability to make and capital class ship. One of the reason why I hate it that they don’t put it in its own category.

What “unlocked it”?

I’d still take a combo of Carriers and Desolators/Void Rays.

I found out that I have a save file on Ulnar’s second mission (the one where you control Artanis and Kerrigan), so I just continued from there, finish Ulnar, then I went to Slayn first instead of Cybros.

After searching everywhere, apparently the unlock method are:

1. Complete all the mission on the next destination (Cybros/Slayn)
  2. Destroy Mobius hybrid facility in the asteroid field (unlock carrier and tempest)
  3. Complete another one mission afterwards on either Cybros or Slayn (unlock mothership)

Lucky for me Purification is the second mission on Cybros.

Are carriers viable on hard and brutal? I never use it except the first mission it was introduced, because I notice all enemies including missile turret will focus fire on my carriers instead of getting distracted by inceptors like they usually do in normal difficulty. Also they’re a bit too slow for my taste.

Just use their superior range. Worked well enough for my LotV Brutal achievement.

Still weird you couldn’t use MA the first time.