Builds vs mass lurker

So lately I was watching a lot of professional matches and also I started to play zerg again. I am only diamond player so I am bad but I can’t shake my head around why aren’t pro players playing mass broods vs mass lurkers. I know hydras kill broods, but wouldn’t ling/bane/ultra counter hydras who go out to try and kill broods.

Brood lords get abducted into the hydra balls by vipers so they never have to wander from lurker mass. Lurkers can advance Into the melee units with their speed upgrade.

A better option is to use vipers for blinding cloud on the lurker hydra masses, especially after the upcoming patch bug fix on the lurker attack under the cloud

1 Like

I am to bad to micro vipers so I didn’t think of them my bad.
Sorry for stupid question.

It’s not stupid. It’s more of a technicality. Broodlords would be good and oftentimes still are at our level, but pros know this stuff inside out.

On the other hand, vipers are amazing.They are a great unit to add to any midgame composition to make it late game worthy. Yanks, blinding cloud, and consume are amazing, and even PB has it’s usefulness

2 Likes

<3 PB vs mass muda .

2 Likes
  1. train your micro (lurkers are like tanks so vipers, surrounds, and blinding clouds work wonders)
    –> Remember the hotkey pack “add to control group and take away unit” to re-arrange your army for a surround or during the ling/bane phase.
  2. timing (get a feeling how to build a few more roaches then the other guy, pressure him and on the back of that you get lurkers).
    –> There are usually 3 phases in the game like ling/bane, roach/ravager and lurker/muta phase. I’d say lurker/queen/spore > mutas as you can savely tech into vipers and then just overrun the other guy with lurker/corruptor + a few vipers (like 3-4).