[Bug] Karax's secondary Nexi don't warp-in with Chrono

Noticed this a lot while playing as Karax. When you finish warping in your second Nexus, it doesn’t auto cast Chrono Boost on itself, like every other Protoss commander’s Nexi do. This has been a thing since the Chrono during construction bug.

9 Likes

Also happens to any other protoss commander who is teamed with Karax.

3 Likes

I thought they fixed that but it’s still a thing.

2 Likes

Hm. I haven’t noticed that. Then again, my running partner has been playing a lot of Swann recently. He never said anything about it happening to him while playing as Fenix either.

Can confirm this. As Fenix, my Karax partner “shared this bug” with me :wink:

1 Like

Well I’m not surprised, Karax is the sharing kind. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Karax also shared his “fix” for the chrono construction bug.

I wonder what it is about Karax that makes his allies Chrono boost function like his.

2 Likes

He just wants to help and be loved…

1 Like

Karax’s level 2 ability causes the chrono bug. My guess is in the code there are 2 kinds of chrono boosts: one for if there’s a level 2 Karax and one if there isn’t. The former allows 2 chrono boosts to be placed on a building at once (I’ll call them stack chrono). However, since all buildings are constantly getting the +15% boost from chrono wave, you can only apply stack chrono once to each building.

With the chrono while construction bug, the standard chrono boost was able to target buildings that weren’t completed, whereas the stack chrono was unchanged.

When a nexus is completed, it’s instantly ordered to cast chrono boost on itself. However, when you’re playing with Karax, the nexus doesn’t have chrono boost, it has stack chrono, which the game treats as a separate ability.

That’s my best guess anyway. Maguro will tell me I’m wrong in every way or something eventually maybe

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too, and at first though it was just me. Had to play a couple more games just to make sure, it this is true. It doesn’t bother me a whole bunch, as chances are I’m going to immediately be using that new source of chrono boost on research, but still.

There seems to be a related bug that I can’t target chronoboost using the wireframe below the screen (by putting multiple buildings with the nexus on the same control group). I don’t know when it was broke but it worked before. Now the wireframe don’t let me target the boost, nothing happen it is unclickable. This functionality also seem to broke in versus mode.

post bugs in the bug forum and not here.

Bugs forum rarely ever gets any actual responses. At least here others will see it and confirm it.

That sadly never worked in SC2, only in Warcraft 3. It would be awesome if they added the feature here, but for now we’re stuck with clicking on the actual it/structure.

1 Like

Now after checking some old threads I realized the ability to use wireframe as target was removed in an 2010 update. But I used the casting for quite sometime in a few years, so it would mean that they actually introduced a bug that brought back the old wireframe UI during 2018~2019, I just don’t know which patch.

1 Like

but when blizzard finds out that it was posted incorrectly: they will lock this topic. it is better to just get more attention in the bug forum.

Very interesting. I wish I’d known, because that would be really useful, especially for transfusing BL or Ultras or Kerri, or prism pick-ups, inaddition of course to chrono.