Brutal+1 life leech + diffusion

Literally plot armour. No really, diffusion means that half the damage an enemy takes is shifted to nearby units, and life leech means that the enemy heals equal to that damage shifted. Meaning they reduce damage by 50%, and then heal for 50% the damage taken.

And yes I will bug report this.

6 Likes

Ive never played against this, but I feel like a few commanders could probably still deal with this like nova with mass airstikes, or Mengsk with mass Earthsplitters.

I mean, if nothing ever gets to your base, sure. But if a single enemy unit gets close enough, you either have to 1 shot them (bypassing diffusion) or they have literal plot armour. It only takes 1 zealot to totally ruin your day. (or something bigger for many commanders, but still)

This is a pretty hard combo and it’s only 4 points so there can still be another mutator. I hope one day Brutal+x can take into account the mutation combos like this one, transmutation + MAD, polarity + just die, speed freaks + propagators, diffusion + shortsighted (also possible in brutal+1), etc. But there are so many mutators and possible combinations that probably all synergies would never be balanced to appear in a correct difficulty but at least do the known ones.

2 Likes

Yea I faced this combo back before the Brutal+ nerf.

The first Hybrid was literally unkillable. He healed for more than we could damage him.

Because every time you damaged him, he was literally healing himself equal to the damage dealt, as part of the process of how he was damaged.

Yeah this is an annoying combo. Diffusion has a range at which it works so as long as you attack from outside that range it can be dealt with.

But I do agree that the combo working so well shouldn’t be the case.