Blizzard Confirms: No More Co-op Commander Revamps Ever?

From the pinned thread:

Note: final.

I really hope I’m overthinking this and they don’t actually mean ‘no more changes to Co-op commanders’ because there are still several that badly need some love…

5 Likes

Honestly they should have stopped the revamps earlier instead of nerfing everyting

5 Likes

Don’t think so. Guess it was just an ambiguos sentence given that they are the last commanders and therefore the final revamp.

I truly believe we will get more commanders, otherwise he would have been more specific.

4 Likes

I wouldnt sweat it. If you read the sentence in full context it reads like the intention was “final update of this year”

3 Likes

Agreed.

This isn’t Versus.

This is a mode where the entire fantasy is being powerful. While there were some slight outliers (Zera’s cannons, Mengsk’s nutty Mastery) we’ve just had the difficulty ceiling raised massively with Brutal+ and so I don’t see why some power creep and buffing the weaker commanders wouldn’t have been a better solution overall.

That said…with Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, a new WoW expansion, WC3: RM and the rest on the horizon - I wonder if Blizzard isn’t starting to gradually close the door on SC2 and Mengsk was the last big addition to Co-op.

I certainly hope so.

3 Likes

I agree with Redwood, pretty sure they meant it for this year. Otherwise it’d be quite the sour Christmas present.

2 Likes

Yeah in particular Zeratul deserves buffs to resemble at least distantly his good ol’ Xel’Naga times.

1 Like

This is fine for me since Warcraft 3 was always my favorite game anyways. I know I will be going back to it once the reforged version comes out. The timing kind of works out and I don’t think it’s an accident either.

Well you have to wait. I just got e-mail that WC Reforged will get deleyed to 29.1.2020