Better Game Balance mod (v4.271) updated changes

Ultralisk don’t need one.

2 Likes

Wha, push priority is a thing?
Why didn’t they change that from the very beginning.

1 Like

So are you making hellbats mechanical? Really don’t like units without tags.

I think adept shooting up will make their overlapping with stalkers too much. What would be nice is to add small splash (reduced damage, but perhaps with longer range) to their air attacks. So that you are not forced to make phoenixes to counter mutas.

The sentry blocking disruptor is a really good idea though, so that PvP is not as nerve racking. But I don’t know about blocking the adepts, which doesn’t do anything other than making them even more underused.

Hellbats are already mechanical.

Hellbats would be Light and Mechanical, exactly like the Hellion.

No Biological tag(which shouldn’t have been on the Hellbat in the first place, it was originally put on it to try to force Bio-Hellbat styles that would mirror the BW Firebat bio comps in BW TvZ, that was why early HOTS Hellbats were so powerful).

Yes, and I would change it if I could work with the SC2 balance team or was on it.

But they don’t overlap.

Stalkers have more range, bonus vs armored, move faster, have more HP and have blink.

Adepts have less range, bonus vs light, move slower, have less HP than a stalker and have Shade.

2 Likes

It makes them a much more viable core unit in the mid-game without touching any other unit stats or adding new upgrades.

1 Like

Picture early ZvZ banelings, except the banelings can’t be blocked by anything. That is why early PvP is a mess because of Adept shade.

1 Like

Hmm, but what air units are you expecting adepts to counter that is not done by stalks and archons?

Hmm, but what air units are you expecting adepts to counter that is not done by stalks and archons?

Read the patch notes over again.

All light air units.

They can’t possibly catch up with any of the flying light units. Observer is probably the only exception.

1 Like

Adepts have 4 range and have shade.

If the Adepts get on top of the light units or the light units fight the Adepts head on, they are in for a bad time.

Shooting up is a definite buff to their versatility, I like it a lot. You will get more use out of them for sure. Though I think stalker will remain the main ground AA!

Err, but even stalkers are having a hard time catching them.

Protoss is forced to go SG because of the potential threat of Mutalisk.

Adepts shooting up provides an AA alternative to dealing with Mutalisk in PvZ and even helps in PvP Phoenix wars. But the primary goal of the change(and testing has shown this) is boosting the versatility of the Adept in the mid game as a core unit option in certain scenarios or compositions.

1 Like

uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:thinking:

1 Like

I dont think the goal is making them the official counter to muta as adepts are slow, but having them shoot up is a good way to increase their versatility.

Spore Crawlers do a bonus vs biological targets.

do hellbats fly?

20 characters

1 Like

They do if they are lifted by a Phoenix. Teamgames.

I mean it has always been suggested in this forum. But it always feels like a forced buff to me. Like to increase versatility, you can get them detection too, but it just doesn’t feel like it serves a purpose.

It feels like a weak alternative though. Might as well make more phoenixes.