Best monitor for blue eyed person?

This topica saddens me a bit- I have noticed current monitors are more and more designer for brown/dark eyed people (because I believe they are majority). This makes color brigtness and amount of blue color really different from what it was decade ago. Decade ago monitors just were perfect for my blue eyes but currently I feel like they make all new monitors to have too bright initial settings… It just feels like I am constantly on “day-sun-light” which is obviously too bright for my eye that is more adapted into northern amount of lights. Even when its midsummer I sometimes like to stay inside because of this. I would like to know if there is specificially designed monitors for blue eyed people anymore- and if not I think they should create options for people- I dont think having more options if bad.

I have used this new lenovo monitor for two years and tried to change settings and different cables but it still doesnt feel right.

If you are rich go OLED
I think IPS is the brightest, avoid
A good tip is to make sure your room is well-lit, to reduce eye-strain
Obviously take breaks as well
It’s tough these days

Edit: maybe there’s software to darken half the pixels?
A screen dimmer?

I think you can correct this by adjusting the brightness or back illumination of your monitor, or perhaps the “tint” or “hue”, “color temperature”, or something like that. Most monitors have these settings, just not in the default.

2 Likes

maxpax just beat neeb. what did playa do today

I dont know what the problem is… maybe monitor is damaged? When I put more dark boost it only makes the vision more bright and takes all dark out. There is nothing else tho that makes me assumpt that the monitor is behaving the way it shouldnt.

I am brown eyed and idk what you are referring to but I use a program called “f.lux” it will scale the colors on your display. I set them at a constant 3400k halogen, typically the colors are more orange instead of blue lighting this is proposed to help your eyesight similar to gaming glasses made for the same purposes.

This, I’ve had blue eyes my whole life and never get eye strain. But I always play with a light on. It’s bad for your eyes to play games for hours in the dark. I thought this was common knowledge?

Just get a small desk lamp.

The problem is monitor image not room lit. I can compare older monitor with new and see a clear difference.
I assume youre no help here since your knowledge seems to be so poor…

change your eye color then if your having problems with your blue eyes…

Please stop, inbred…