Benefits on Alarak

Why Alarak is the best offensive-based co-op commander?

• Every Supplicants sacrificed empowers him.
  • Self-sustains his health and shields by killing his foes and his own Supplicants.
  • Slayers, Havocs, Vanguards, Ascendants, and Wrathwalkers may deal terrible damage against his foes.
  • Summons the Death Fleet to support him for a short period of time. (Permanent when using Shadow of Death prestige)
  • Structure Overcharge on your building or an ally to clear any debris for your expansion in early game.
  • Very easy commander with humorous voice lines, as well as full offensive assault.
1 Like

I love Alarak so much and definitely one of my favourite commanders however his ā€œglass cannonā€ strategy can be very punishing against some mutators so Iā€™d say heā€™s in the lower bracket when it comes to any B+1+ mission but heā€™s totally fine in B+1 and having a maxed out Ascendant/Wrath Walker P1 army is one of the most satisfying coop experiences IMO.

Is this a new series on ā€˜a brief summary of the basic concepts of coop commandersā€™ that I heard so much about?

2 Likes

All coop commander can be good at offense. I would not say Alarak is the ā€œbestā€ offensive coop commander.

I feel like you are listing COā€™s units and abilities then just saying that they are best. Like the Karax post.

1 Like

Some corrections on this post:
-Supplicants do NOT empower him when sacrificed. Unlike Ascendants, he does not gain any power stacks from Power Overwhelming. The only time he gets stronger is when he sacrifices a unit for himself (not just Supplicants) to restore his own HP and temporarily power up Deadly Charge.
-Once again, Alarak doesnā€™t just sacrifice his own Supplicants. If you donā€™t have any on the field, he will start eating the rest of his army.
-Vanguards and ESPECIALLY Havocs donā€™t do much damage, if any. Vanguards are the worst unit in his arsenal and are severely outclassed by both Alarak himself and Ascendants. Havocs deal zero damage.
-Alarak is not a ā€œvery easyā€ commander. He is actually very micro intensive between controlling Alarak himself, and keeping his Ascendants/Wrathwalkers alive, and casting Ascendant spells.

1 Like

On high difficulties Alarak is definitely not an easy commander to play, between his units being made of wet tissue and Alarak himself easily capable of eating his army, itā€™s much too easy to lose your hard built army in seconds with a bad engagement.

His P3 is arguably one of the best prestige in coop though, imo.

1 Like

Stettman P2 is without a doubt the strongest Prestige in the game.

I donā€™t think Alarakā€™s P3 is up that high, but itā€™s still very good. A tier for sure.

I think Tychus P2 is probably stronger.

To be fair, I didnā€™t mean to say the best, just very much up there.

Iā€™d give it to Stetmann, the tester server Tychus would stand a good chance of being the better of the two though.

I read it as referring to the fact that every Supplicant sacrificed empowers Alaraks ability to Deadly Charge/Destruction Wave faster. Which seemed fair enough to me.

1 Like

Itā€™s fun to hover over his attack boxes when Empower Me is activated. Then see what the values are. Yeah, some crazy stuff like ā€œ200 + 1600ā€! :sunglasses:

If we are talking about pure offense then I would say p2 zagara.

If there was one thing that I wanted (especially years ago) was Vanguardā€™s 16 attack. I felt like the first upgrade to increase dmg against armored was kind of dumb.