Battlecruiser warping needs some serious nerfs

As it stands right now Battlecruisers warping has gives the user way too much power without a enough risk involved. Problems with battlecruiser warp come down to mainly two issues.

1. Costs nothing to use. Doesn’t need even need to be researched. It can warp anywhere with or without vision almost instantly. Battlecruisers can be used to warp into an area kill a bunch of workers and maybe a base or two and get away unscathed since they are tanky.
  2. They can easily escape from deadly fights. You might be in an air battle with a bunch of battlecruisers and then they just warp to your base and start destroying stuff and you still have to kill them even after this.
    Mass recall only works on a few units at a time and bcs can warp anywhere. Nydus requires one to spend some resources on it first and it doesn’t port all units out at once.
  3. It can be difficult to shut them down early with harass attempts due to terran having a wide area of defensive capabilities.
  4. Battlecruisers can be repaired by scvs. Stuff like carriers and zerg units can’t be healed. At least in the case of zerg units, not as efficiently.

Possible fixes to this that could work:

1. Costs minerals to for the terran to warp in.
  2. Requires vision.
  3. The ability must be researched first.
  4. Has energy requirements.
  5. Battlecruiser holograms are attackable while working in kind of like protoss warp in holograms are.
  6. It takes the same time for a warp in as a nydus worm to emerge.
  7. Units that are warped in warp in a que with a .3 second delay for each indivual warp in.

Honestly I don’t know what blizzard was thinking when they introduced this ability in its current state. Every other kind of warp in has some kind of check and balance to it.

3 Likes

dude, terran is the weakest race BY FAR right now. Zerg and esp protoss are completely broken. Don’t ask for terran nerfs. If you want to nerf this, buff something else with it. Like marine base damage or smt.

2 Likes

Just maek queens champ.

Exactly this

Zerg units can be healed by queens. Of course, Zerg units tend to go down quicker unless you have mass corruptors bursting down mass bc.

I’m not really a fan of this one. Terran takes a ton of minerals as is already. I wouldn’t make it gas either, because Terran tends to float tons of gas.

These ones are the good ones. Universal warping is way too powerful as something you get off the bat.

This is a hard pass. While I think the BC needs adjustments, they took out the energy requirement because the high templar would just feedback it all away, rendering the BC to be pretty useless. The BC is not a spellcaster.

These are probably worth looking into as well.

I have absolutely no clue either. Imagine giving the strongest unit in the game universal map presence. I believe that was even before it could shoot and move at the same time…

Not by far. Weakest race is debatable, but your opinion is not unanimous and it’s not by far.

2 Likes

Yea. I think that

• Battlecruiser holograms are attackable while working in kind of like protoss warp in holograms are.
  • It takes the same time for a warp in as a nydus worm to emerge.
  • Units that are warped in warp in a que with a .3 second delay for each indivual warp in.
  • The ability must be researched first.
  • Requires vision.

Would be a great step to making it way more balanced. However I still think battlecruisers should need to cost something in order to warp in or have some kind of extra risk involved. Nydus worms cost minerals and one need vision in order to use them and they don’t deploy all units at once. Protoss warp ins require vision and a pylon nearby. Battlecruiser warp in as it stands is just way too damm powerful. It is insane.

I made separate thread why i believe teleportation ruins the game. I would remove not only Tactical jump but also other teleportation like Nydus (or nerf it so that nydus can only be placed on creep like in BW) and tons of protoss teleports (just maybe leave only Mass recall as SUPER late game ability that requires researach and costs ton of minerals + has long CD)

Nydus worms were already nerfed pretty hard, but Battlecruiser warping is on a complete other level. Especially since they are air units. in order to warp protoss units in, a pylon is required meaning they can’t just warp anywhere.

What matchups are bcs even used in pro level play anymore?
You can ocasionally see bc used in tvz but even there its been figured out long ago.
Bc as a unit is supposed to be terrans ultimate end game unit however it is so bad at top level nobody even builds it, except maybe in tvp but noone is able to get to mass bc in tvp outside a couple of occasions wich are so rare theyre the exceptions more than the norm making the unit rarely if ever used.

So why would you ever nerf a bad unit even further if anything it needs to be made better so it has at least a spot in any of the 3 matchups since as it stands its rarely used in tvz as an opener wich leaves you vulnerable to some roach all ins.

1v1 perhaps, but team games is a whole other story. Since in team games not everyone is essentially a hivemind, there are many situations in team games in which it is easy for terrans to turtle up and warp to different parts of the map and kill workers.

When Protoss is not yet nerfed to the ground, any proposed nerfs for the other races must be on hold. The massive nerfs that needs to hit Protoss is number 1 priority.

Are team games even ballanced in matching evenly skilled players in the first place?
Also if they tried to ballance for 2v2 while ballancing for 1v1 it most likely would never be good, so its better to keep the focus on 1v1 wich is the most popular mode.

Ha how about L2p ? No?

2 Likes

Its definitely not as good as there is many times you are qued with people in different leagues. Presumable since they need to optimize times so players won’t get annoyed waiting.

My point is sadly 2v2 in its current state is pointless to mention for any kind of ballance disgusion because theres not even a big enough player base to find properly matched players to begin with.

dude stop your making yourself a fool here, bcs need the wrap or they will suck more bad, protoss recall is upgrade is always been expensive since Bw and you say that bcs are op no they arent.

I am the first to complain about TP BC, I would like to see it removed altogether. But not because it is too strong. Because it is not, it is already very figured out, and it is not hard if you know it is coming.

But I do agree it is a stupid mechanic that should not be in the game, having a T3 unit turned into a harass unit during the early midgame is stupid.

I disagree about the too strong part. Another problem with BCs is that if the terran has a bunch of mins and siege tanks at his base then he can turtle and the problem is that anytime you move out, the terran could just warp in, kill a bunch of stuff and get away since those units are so tanky. Because of this, it makes it extremely risky to leave the base.

Not really, by the time you move out you should have a spire a bunch of queens and a couple of spores. What I do is I make around 8 corruptors, attack and if they tp, I know I win. Because they wont have enough at home, and the queens plus spores should be able to buy enough time until corruptors run back and pick up the guaranteed kills on the bcs.

I dont think mass bc isnt used by pros because its bad . Its not used because when you face another pro its literally imposible to get there, it takes to much investement. I remember a few times caster saying this, and i remember in the caster tournament Supernova being outclassed by everybody and loosing every match… until he built in one match mass bcs and killed Neeb. Sure Neeb was in bad shape then but still.

I do agree the teleport is to much. On my level i used to die to mass BCs, a common strategy in lower leagues, until i got good enough to scout it and kill it before Terran built many bcs. So thats what i rely on : dont let Terran get there.

Balancing for lower leagues is pointless because its more about mechanical and strategical errors deciding games than units.

For example if you gave 2 gold league players an army each, 1 army being chargelot archon immortal the other gets liberator, ghost, bio army the chargelot player will most likely win because the other player would need to do too many actions to make his army be efficient but at top level the terran would most likely win because they can utilise their units.