Balance Update - May 19, 2020

6.6k with Terran and 6.5k with Protoss. lol, “patch Zerg”.

Because when you start offracing your MMR scale on your main MMR. Maru is 7K+ zerg in korea but it’s because he’s zerg mmr scale on his Terran MMR.

no he’s not lol

unless you got a source

Also - reynor is 7k zerg in europe. According to your claim, that means he should be 7k Terran in europe too, not 6.6k

The buffs to Protoss are too much and Protoss is already doing well in tournaments qualifications. Consider removing some of the Protoss buffs.

lol, you’re so sad. Maru is a 6k Zerg.
Reynor ranked his account up to 6.5k on stream.

1 Like

Terran
Widow Mine> the existence of an Armory will grant Widow Mines invisibility.

Zerg
Queen Anti-air weapon range decreased from 8 to 7.
Baneling Weapon damage changed from 20 (+15 vs light) to 18 (+17 vs light).
Infestor Microbial Shroud no longer requires an upgrade.
Creep Tumor “Light” attribute added.

Protoss
Nexus “Battery Overcharge”: overcharges a target Shield Battery near a Nexus, increasing its shield restoration rate by 100% and allowing it to restore shields without consuming energy for 14 seconds. 50 Energy, 60 seconds cooldown (shared by all Nexuses) Range unlimited (≤ 8 of any friendly Nexus)
Oracle Revelation energy cost decreased from 50 to 25, duration decreased from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
High Templar Feedback range increased from 9 to 10.

Hi Balance Team !
Overall, the changes still feel like going into the right direction to me.

• I must say that, after being initially underwhelmed by the backdown on the banelings changes, making their damage unchanged towards light units (such as marines, hydras & zealots), while lesser on armored and untagged/psionic units would indeed favor more immortal & archons based armies than typical marine marauder one. So It might indeed impact more PvZ than TvZ… So why not ?
  • The battery change feels easier to use/gauge ; with the unlimited range making it easier to access as long as a single nexus has 50 energy. I think the new iteration is fine ; however, that 50 energy is what prevents it from being a deterrent for early game interactions, so I wouldn’t reduce it even further (let’s not reproduce the flaws of Nexus Overcharge).
  • The queen revert to HotS is welcome, and since both liberator and prism were nerfed since early LotV, balances things out in either MUs.

Now :thinking:

• Some have had the idea of making Forcefields take two biles to gun down. This is actually a significant PvZ buff which would have absolutely no impact on ZvT, and could probably help quite significantly protoss’ 3rd base defense vs RR allins, while still calling for good spellcasting micro. If battery overcharge isn’t enough, or impacts PvT too much, one might want to consider this change.

• I would still have liked to ear some thoughts about the Swarm Host (which possibly could be redesigned to an anti-light, 3 locusts, carrier like design) in order to allow for cost efficient counterplay decisions, and less ON- (Fly, you fools !) OFF ('mkay so I’ve got 30 of dead supply just looking at the opponent allining me) gameplay as well.

• Less importantly, I wonder if making BC’s Tactical Jump a Fusion core upgrade wouldn’t make the BCs openers a bit more risky in midgame, as I’m not sure its uses as midgame harass (and sometimes allins, at intermediate levels) are that healthy for the game, and more generally that fun to play against (although not at the same extent than SH on some maps =p).

Thanks for the update, SC2 team ! :smiley:

2 Likes

No because he’s bad so he chain lose with terran to 6K6 but he will be soon 3K MMR

Maru was between 5 month ago 6K4 and 6K6 Zerg on Korean server little noob :).
https://imgur.com/a/RiQl9HV

Reynor he’s only 6K MMR Terran on EUW server
6K MMR EUW = 5K MMR KOR server.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/600643252?t=00h04m59s

Reynor is a patch Zerg :confused:

1 Like

Reynor won versus Serral in ZvZ, you can’t say he’s a patch Zerg, or you are just trolling

Reynor tryhard during his all life ZvZ because he know Zerg will be the only race in the RO8. And Serral have a bad ZvZ. But Reynor he’s really bad in ZvP and ZvT. And we see how much Reynor get rekt by Dark in the WCS Global Finals :).

Lol, I guess tryhard is not enough to win againts Serral ^^

When you can spend 10H per day on training one match up instead of splitting your day in 3.333h on each match up it’s change a lot.

But you are probably low league player so you dont know what is training. And btw you are an alt account of someone else with only 8 posts.

Why is that so could you give us more about your thoughs?

Terranpatch.
That is all.
It was before, and still will be.
Banes being worse vs basically everything except marines is still a nerf that mostly affects TvZ.

Mine change is terrible, and will probably tilt PvT in Terran’s favor over all. Losing at the 6 minute because of some light early game harass is stupid. Why buff it?

5 Likes

Do you not make an observer in PvT? They have to invest an armory in 6 mins. Don’t say that it’s not gonna take time + resources.

An armory is a building you literally need to make anyway.

You can delay +1 armor and the second ebay like 30 seconds to force the protoss to have an obs or oracle at home (both units that can be easily destroyed… by mines themselves). So not only does Terran get more opporunity to do damage with early mines, they also force more robo build time into just having detection at home, rather than having spotters on the map, or stronger combat robo units.

4 Likes

If you want to cuddle your Oracle and Observer to Mines … Sure but the observer got a High detection range.

But isn that the point of developers? Economy issues in TvP?
I do know mines can kill observers but with that detection range is hard to get killed. You need only 1 observer for wm drop. Takes you 18seconds to build.
Did you ever defend WM drop when mine was always invisible?

1 Like

It’s an extra 18 seconds. Early game. That you must build, for 75 gas on a gas starved race.

IDK why Terrans think TvP is some kind of weird struggle where they are fighting up hill right now. Ghosts are amazing, gateway units suck, Protoss needs to be mining off a third minutes early to not get swamped. It’s just a stupid buff to an awful to play against unit that hurts protoss early game.

2 Likes

Look at that, everyone stating theyr happier with the current changes.

While blizzard SNEAKS away another terran buff.

Widow mines DONT need to get that extra cloaking off. its extremely lame. It doesnt affect highest level protoss because they have extreme high apm and awareness, something ONLY a pro has.

You know who is really going to get hit here? Lower leagues, not just bronze, but from bronze to low masters.

people who dont play 24/7.

Proffesional players might get caught offguard 1 in 10 games.

Non-proffesional players will get caught offguard 1/2 games.

It forces protoss at a lower level to always open up robo. And it will shut down any protoss at masters+ when terrans learn howto save scans to kill observers.
It forces cannons purely for detection. slowing down protoss even more. without actually able to kill the mine intime.

The revelation change is another thing that is also only proffesional player friendly, because they have the APM to keep up with revelations, keeping there oracles alive in the process.

Lower league players however, they get 1 tag off and then the oracle dies.

What blizzard doesnt seem to get is that the game is becoming more lame every patch. This shield battery buff only promotes more turtling, wich is a good thing seeing how volatile protoss is, BUT, its low skill ceiling turtling. “look i pressed a button and now you cant break me” “1 button to defeat all allins”

Its almost the same with how strong widow mines are getting again “look 1 button to rule them all” “Just build this static thing and i win!”

i can guarantee basically every terran and zerg is going to complain about the shield battery buff. Then blizzard nerfs it, then terrans realise they can use ghost to nullify it, then zerg realises they can just bile down the shield batteries.

And where are we? back to the start, giving terran incognito buffs, no actuall buffs to protoss and… zerg dominance.

Aslong as blizzard doesnt aknowledge there mistake in adding auto injections for zerg. Zerg will stay dominant. Forever, by always having a sheer eco lead that can only be countered by early aggresion. Without early aggresion zerg always wins. Always. Droning up versus macro players has never been easier and more busted.

Larva inject allows zerg to tech up to lategame units before 10 minute mark if left alone. Always ahead atleast 1 or 2 minutes.

Remove queue inject from queens and voila zerg suddenly is balanced again!
It isnt that hard.

Remove the easy mode mechanics (all units that can become static) or atleast add a skillceiling to those. (for instance mines that have to burrow but dont automatically attack, actually force terrans to click the mine when its burrowed to shoot at a target)

Increase tempest DPS because the unit in its current state is extremely useless. Allow tempest to actually fight liberators, instead of tickling away at them. Tempest are the lowest DPS units in the game cost for cost. While at the highest tech tier for protoss. Fix that!

2 Likes