Balance suggestions for a new and better Starcraft II

Terran:

• Widow Mines:
    Sentinel Missile deals 90 damage (+25 vs {shields}) and
    40 (+15 vs. {shields}) Splash damage to units within 1.00 radius, 25 damage inside 1.25 to 1.5 and 5 damage from 1.5 to 1.75

Range increased by +1
CD increased by +5 seconds

Zerg:

• Creep Tumor:
    Creep Tumor gives vision to the swarm, but now has a delay depending on distance to your next Hatchery.

So creep still provides vision but depending on distance you will not always see the correct location of enemy units.

Protoss:

Fine

No I think maybe widow mines be building instead of unit.

Once built it can’t move increase aoe size. This would force Terran not build mass amounts since start destroying his stuff.

Nerfing creep tumor only work if scan is remove stealth detection. Make motion detection detect stealth instead. Then nerf the creep vision range 8.

On toss side make nexus produce energy field. Double size power pylons but they don’t produce power have be proxy of the nexus.

Now if cast battery overcharge on pylon it produces power so u can still proxie but makes more difficult.

This might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. You want to buff the most overpowered unit in the game? It costs 75/25. Its a ranged reusable baneling that hits both air/ground, is invisible, can be made two at a time and has 10x the range. Thats the same cost as a ROACH.

I think you misread the widowmine change sir. It single-handedly removes the widowmine from the game.

He’s reimplementing tiered splash damage on mines which straight up removed the Terran race from existance for almost a year in HotS, whilst simultaneiously slaughtering the single target damage of the unit by removing almost 50 points of damage from its single target damage, while also increasing the reload time on the unit, and keeping the same supply cost on the unit, and the same build speed on the unit, the lack of cloak on firing (till armoury), … that fires once every 30 seconds or so.

All of that gets traded out for a measly +1 range which frankly is an absolutely garbage trade off.

No, this change, while it wouldn’t have quite as strong an effect as it did in HotS due to the Tank actually being useful now, would still send Terran back into an incredibly sh!tty state for a number of different reasons.

Also, the creep tumour change, while amusing in theory would be difficult to implement and frankly would have very little effect on Zerg depending on how much you delay, as well as what exactly youre delaying. Creep spreads slower? Diminishing returns on speed until the tumour is fully spread? Maybe vision itself is delayed by only showing what’s on the creep every 5 seconds the further you get from the hatchery? Who knows - the OP hasnt really stated anything.

1 Like

you can also exaggerate…

but the change would make mine, less strong for aoe say ling/bane or worker harass (which i believe was never blizzard’s plan).

It’s not an exaggeration. When that particular nerf occured, we saw the terran race almost completely cease to have any representation across all premier torunaments. GSL specifically dropped from having even representation, to having two people in the ro32. The terran race as a whole effectively ceased to exist almost overnight, for the better part of 9 ish months during 2013 and 2014.

1 Like

He nerfed the dmg by an insane amount.

2 Likes

Thumbs down on both.

The tumor change is just weird. Every other unit in the game, including buildings gives instant shared vision. Making tumors different doesn’t make sense.

1 Like