Balance changes

Dont want to start polemic, I just want to know your opinion. What balance changes do you want (want, not expect from Blizz)?

As I said tons of times I think that the Tempest needs a buff or a resesign.

Dont be afraid, you can be honest with your opinion :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

No! You are letting trolls and whiners here!
Just be aware, my friend.

3 Likes

Terran: Thor anti-massive range reduced by 1, widow mine build time buff reverted, tactical jump and yamato share cooldown.

Protoss: VR build time buff reverted, tempest supply decreased.

Zerg: Remove MS for IT w/o rockets, hydralisks damage point normalized.

6 Likes

I like your changes. I would add, IT with full Rockets but FB revert on damage and range.
Ultra charge across Zerg army anf BL +1 Range.
Disruptors also should have dual-mode.
I have no use of the VR “buffs” that did nothing for VR power where it counts but increased the cheese and whine of Terran/Zerg.
As far as i am concerned they can revert all buffs to VR (cost, build-time, speed).
Battery overcharge also can be removed and replaced with ability of SB to heal simultaneously units.
It will take still 4 SB to equate the Healing capacity of a single SuperCharged-SB and 2 the healing-rate (That can be implemented as an upgrade to Forge 150/100).

1 Like

So u take all the good terran unit and nerf to the ground. Maybe u want to play with terran and see with ur own eyes how hard it is.

3 Likes

Do not call that start a polemic, call it bringing animation to the forums ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anyway, here would be my list :

TERRAN :

• I’d be favorable to a shared cooldown on TJ and Yamato as well, to introduce a choice between free damage and warranted escape.
  • Repair drone brought back as a fourth spell on the raven, interference matrix can affect several units if they are overlapping with the center of the targeted unit (this would only apply on large aerial units obviously). Those are two minor buffs, but I feel the Raven currently lacks luster for its cost compared to other spellcasters.

PROTOSS :

• Voidray’s base speed reduced to 3.625, leeway reduced from 8 to 7, production time increased from 37 to 40. All aiming for the voidray to be in an intermediate position from their former state and the recently buffed one. Thinking at how vikings and cyclones interact with them in early game cheeses in particular.
  • Sentries’ forcefields now require additional pylons two biles to take down. It takes more time to accumulate enough for a FF, while the ravagers solved the zerg’s prior helplessness before that, I think the bile-FF relation isn’t optimal yet.

ZERG :

• Lurkers’ speed nerfed to 3.5 ; adaptive talons only affect burrow speed. Seriously, a siege unit which moves faster than regular troopers (even current hydralisk), in what world does that makes sense ?
  • HotS’ infested terran (without rockets, unaffected by upgrades) returns with its former gauss rifle (8 dmg 0.61 cooldown) only, but a 50 energy cost. I currently don’t feel the microbial shroud is attractive, while the IT is an iconic pendant to the autoturret ; but I don’t want to see spammed free units decimating aerial T3 again.

4 Likes

Remove swarm hosts
Remove disruptors
And to revise my original desire to remove widow mines, I think at the very least they need to be nerfed, possibly heavily. And not just buff reversions. They shouldn’t be able to do devastating/killing damage to units that cost much more than itself at the bare minimum.

But disruptors and swarm hosts do not belong in this game. Or they do, just that it cost us the game’s popularity.

1 Like

Are you trolling me :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Any way if not these are all changes that I agree with. When I say it I am called a noob.

Know way you agree. stop trolling me.

I’ve never been a fan of disruptors. Playing against them as any race is pure ridiculousness. However, nerfs shouldn’t come for free either - that’s why I’m suggesting the other races take a hit as well. I’m pretty sure one of the main reasons why people don’t really play mech in current times is because of swarm hosts. Removing swarm hosts will open up an opportunity for mech to be more viable in the matchup. Also sucks to know that Zerg just kind of auto-wins whenever swarm hosts starts popping up. Literally. Similarly, widow mines shouldn’t be able to magically kill 20 lings, and a single one shouldn’t pop an oracle in a split second. I’ve always hated units that take extremely efficient and explosive trades. I think widow mines are necessary in the sense that they force a P/Z to take an inefficient trade, but widow mines (like the other 2 units), should not be hero units that can perform game ending damage. We already have plenty of those in the Terran race.

Ok ill bite, what are the plenty of other units able to perform game ending damage in terran?

And what unit will perform the siege/area-control for ground Protoss? Tempest? Or HT?
Both are fine and i would also add a buff for them (but the Nydus/SH pefect synergy should be broken).
To remove 3 cardinal units (the Terran WM is the third) is unacceptable.

I don’t believe people will ever be satisficed with the balance of this game, their is just too many band aids and questionable units (adepts, void rays, oracle, disrupters, reaper, cyclone, widow mine, Thor, liberator, swarm host, Baneling, queen).
-Tempest would be easier to balance if the the Viking did not exist in its current form. Since a flying unit with long range AA makes it hard for a flying siege unit not to end up with ridiculous amount of range.
-Thor by design is a terrible anti air unit so they ended up giving it a dumb amount range so they could force the thor into the role they wanted it to be in.
-Removing the dark archon and arbiter removed a lot of the flavor out of protoss.

2 Likes

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

1 Like

Instead of making a balanced game they forced units to fill a roll instead of making the unit fulfill the roll that it was designed to fill. Look at that unit design in the settings and look at the units that they are supposed to counter. You would cry foul.

I want half the units in the game removed. but people would say that if vanilla. it is so strange that I never had a problem with unit balance in BW or SC2 until that 2018 toss patch. I litterily never made a balance thread until then.

I understand some games are broken and I wont post about them. I get it. I like to use madden as an example. way to many bugs. but everyone has to deal with bugs and just laugh about it. still balanced by definition.

But SC2 2018. pulled me up from the shadows becuases it is so broken. fix your game bliz. let me go back to the shadows.

I would buff the raven, but no turret, buffing with turret would mean mass raven as attack units. First thing I give them would be siege mode and extra sight radius like observer and overseer. The repair drone would be done to repair/healing in the area, that would allow for some medivacless pushes and openers, you have the healing but limited.And yes, a lower cost or buffed stats like HP or sight radius (but same detection range as other races).

I would turn lurker into an active unit, more HP less range,run, burrow, attack near enemies.
Broodlord with extra range
Carrier slow as Blord
Microbial shroud change (today I lost because I tried to use the spell :cry:)

If disruptor is removed, bring back old collo with full damage to anything.

4 Likes

Tbh the whole of LOTV needs a redesign as it has taken SC2 from being a RTS to being a MOBA with gambling aspects that try to pass off as strategy. Don’t care what anyone says the game needs to be reverted to 6 worker starts as a staring point the reason why balance seems wonky or off is because of the 12 worker start as that is near enough full mineral saturation leading to fast expos and tech at the same time.

No matter what you do to the races at this point you won’t fix the problems of the game as from WOL onto HOTS SC2 was created and based around 6W early econ which flowed into the rest of the game. The early game that some complained was slow was actually the most important as what you did was even more significant due to less workers from taking a gas and so on imagine if in BW they patched the game to have 8W start you’d see the game have similar issues.

Call it a hot take if you want but the complaints you’re seeing about Protoss stem from this the race itself is not the problem nor is Toss broken for anyone who played SC2 from the beginning of WOL to now and remembers Toss was always the race that was behind a base and had a harder time defending but they made up for this by having a powerful late game and abilities that allowed them to fight from a deficit. Now Toss keep up in bases with Zergs and are ahead of the Terrans due to the new econ all the while they retained their perks from before no patch addressing units is going is going to sort this out as the problem is not due to the units themselves it’s due to a fundamental oversight when transitioning to LOTV.

I will say one thing though air units in general need a massive look at as it’s been a problem since WOL as you can’t make them the strongest units when they have the gift of ignoring the terrain the whole sky army chaos of the game is the result of no ground army being able to deal with sky armies. At least in prior expansions the 6W econ start made it harder to head down that path.

That was a thing at one point. It got removed., ddp got removed, heat seeker got removed. the raven is trash. I dont want you to make it into the observer. It would be better off being removed from the game and bringing the scince vessel back or just remove it from the game no compensation needed as it is not used anyway.

Its broken.

Also combine hydra upgrades and nerf chrono by 20%.

Diogenex, the turret lives for 10s and don’t move ; if players complain SH have vulnerability periods while they last 2x and can fly, you can imagine how viable would be a turrets based army. IMO, it’s the damage on the AA-AG splash spell that gave birth to mass raven, and it has long been removed.

Interesting changes, that’s another way of considering the lurker indeed. As for the BL, just give it back a bit of its former leeway and it could be alright. :thinking:

More a-clic, less micro ; can’t agree with that. Protoss asking for disruptor removal are just players who can’t stand the strength of their own units in mirror games.

Observer mode would be useless for raven since its too expensive to leave stationary and end up getting picked off easily.
A single raven costs 100 minerals 200 gas wich is only 100 minerals less than 2 medivacs, even if the healing field would be good you would be giving up the mobility 2 medivacs give for the ability of standing still and fighting, this could potentially work in tvp making some tank timings stronger but for other situations it would just have the same issues as anti armor misile that terran is unable to chase the opponent and force fights unless they have a strong siege position.
So healing field could potentially work but im not sure what making raven even stronger for mid game timing attacks would fix since thats the only use this unit has outside lategame tvt.