Authentication server in US is seriously bugged

Connection to Asia and EU server is fine,
but I have to try 3~4 times to login US server.
It is really annoying whenever I want to play in US server.

I have tried in other laptops and the other internets but the bug still exists.
And I have found several players who are suffering from the same problem.
Blizz, solve this bug and stop making an excuse for my laptop.

3 Likes

Yep. I open Starcraft II and after it starts to Authenticate it gives me “Connecting to Blizzard Services” and usually times out and has me enter my login information.

I want to add that this seems to be account-specific and game-specific for me.(I haven’t actually tried other regions.) Connecting to the Blizzard Services for authentication is only an issue for my primary account and only when I’m connecting to Starcraft II. My alt account connects immediately. And my primary account has no problems connecting to Heroes of the Storm and other games.

Sometimes it goes through after waiting a little bit or giving it a few tries. Other times it just can’t seem to connect. I would say that it’s definitely most difficult during the evening(Central Time).

I did submit a ticket for this which got escalated for further investigation. So my understanding is that the team is aware of the issue. However I would encourage people experiencing this to post here and specify whether it’s only occurring on certain servers or accounts and if it has happened with any other games. I’m sure isolating which accounts are experiencing this would help.

2 Likes

Hey Gang,

I couldn’t log into my Blizzard Accountant cause the network for Blizzard got hit today. It got attack or something with their servers.

Walter Chow

1 Like

devs claim it is your internet service provider
We know that is not the case.

devs please fix your stuff. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you for your detailed information Turtle.
I have several accounts playing SC2,
but only primary account has trouble in connecting to US server.
I have tried to connect in my friend’s computer but it still exists.
This started since 20. Oct.
I can’t find any problem in HOS, Diablo3, Overwatch, WOW server.

I hope SC2 dev team initiate investigation on this matter immediately!!

So, I have a sort of unsettling bit of possible information behind this that might be a lot bigger/deeper of a problem from what I accidentally discovered… so even though I did come to this thread for the same auth issue and so forth, I’m more wondering if what I found is anything significant and, if so (with everything going on nowadays and all the secrets/BS), I want to have it out as FYI, just in case it’s not just me not knowing my jargon, lol.
So Here’s the thing:

I’ve been having the weird authentication glitches that sound like the same issue with no luck and so forth…, so I left the app open all day so I can check back on it here and there while I did my other stuff. So I checked again a couple hours later and scoured everything for even any visual differences, but not a single thing had changed. So, again, I left it alone and went back to other business. But then…things got weird… I happened to give it a passing glance again like a couple minutes later and was startled by a surprise “notification?” of this tiny red “!” alarm bell/sign/ icon thingy, followed by an extremely bright and bold yet (ironically) way-too-small string of text , all jammed in the upper-right corner in a very ugly and obviously out-of-place way, like a distracting eyesore instead of information meant to be read there.
That said, before I share it, just last FYI: I am forced to quote it from memory (read on to see why). So just keep in mind that, even thought it wasn’t even a full day ago, it’s not a copy and paste, technically, but I remember what it said… Still, to reassure anyone, the following two BEST fits extremely close–if not identical to the original form:

" We are under a [OBo5] attack right now."

and

“we are currently experiencing a [OBo5] attack.”

… And that is as far as it went and nothing else…

Still, I didn’t think much of it and just finished my oatmeal. However…, within the next mere 3 to 4 minutes, when I looked again at the same screen, the red note had vanished–leaving no trace and hasn’t returned at all…
With that said, and since I also have not found any public information nor forum/community mentions of it whatsoever, and having no history of hallucinations and was 100% sober, I can only suggest that it is actually a cyber attack and potentially a deeper issue that they don’t want leaked or something, idk…
emphasized text(I’ve worked support for years and had to be that rep who’s told to keep his mouth shut about whatever and turn on the BS dispenser for all and to sound smart (AKA talk loud and use three syllable words only… ) or my older position: “representat-too nice-sounding-to-know-what’s-goiing-on / be-in-on-the-big-ruse-here” as an ex-informative" and “helpful” fluffer that “answers” the questions, I get how is hidden in general and in business that lurks around and operates on the people . answered the calls before that was

Hey,

I had that yesterday and everything went back to normal. Something is weird going on.

Walter Chow

To clarify: BattleNet was the target of a DDoS(distributed denial of service) attack on 11/24. In other words the servers were flooded and disrupted. That affected all Blizzard games and ended later in the day.

That is not the issue that the thread is referring to. Multiple accounts are having difficulty authenticating or connecting. It is consistent across different computers and networks when using those accounts. Other accounts are unaffected and the affected accounts only seem to be having difficulty with SC2. And this has been occurring for over a month.

According to the customer support I was in contact with they confirmed that my account had the same problems using their computers and network. The issue was escalated but that just left my ticket marked as “responded”. So Customer Support is aware. But I’m hoping that more information will help, including knowing some of the accounts that have the issue so they can isolate things further.