Artanis Disintegrate and Swann Lock On are kinda trash

It deals damage and kills enemies - it’s not useless.

1 Like

Lock on is fine. You can kite attack waves with it or do hit and run attacks on enemy bases.

I personally have had no problems with cyclones. My composition is hellbat/cyclone/science vessels. It’s a little slow, but it gets the job done. It’s also pretty gas heavy. I’ve never actually used the hercules, and I only use siege tanks and thors very situationally.

I understand the criticism on Disintegration, because that thing doesn’t stack, but Lock On does. Cyclones can trivially melt objectives, to say they are kinda trash is insane. Its just that, within Swann’s kit, there is hardly any reason to pick them over anything else.

Swann has hercules… a 600 HP flying unit that can teleport and costs less than a stalker.

You could literally afford to suicide one for each enemy wave and objective if you like, or have 5 of them on a control group on reserve.

Not saying that Cyclones are fine… but getting vision anytime anywhere, is almost as easy for swann as it is for raynor.

1 Like

I think enabling each of them moving shots would make an interesting alternative build for Swann.
As of now, hellions are rarely used for their squishiness (some do use them but most use Hellbats) and Cyclone just need some speed boost and lock-on range maintain buffs.

I made a demo of it.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocfC55ijOEI&feature=youtu.be
My Thread: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/t/improving-swann-cyclones-feat-science-vessels/13117

They can definitely try to turn it into battle mech, but battle mech is pretty nasty on the ladder, so if there will be a lot of changes.

I actually wouldn’t mind if Cyclones got a small buff. Any of the following:

• Tiny movement buff
  • Slight Lock-on damage
  • Wee bit range still

I know none of these are necessary but I think just a small push in any of these will bring Cyclones more to mainstream.

2 Likes

Disintegrate was actually decent on the train map, where you can put one on each carriage, it does spell damage that ignores the huge armor of the trains. But that was very very long time ago, before all commanders were buffed to sky high, when barely any commander could solo Brutal. So, it’s a bit out of date, because it didn’t receive any “buff”, and seems trashy compared to all overbuffed stuff now.

Outside of train maps, I used Disintegrate to pick off Vikings, BCs, Void Rays, and Carriers because Tempests had too short air range. Well, of course, nowadays everything is vaporized instantly, no one cares about that little micro anymore.

1 Like

Ive never understood what purpose disintergate was to serve; in a fight against any unit its pretty unnecessary to use, even on hybrids, unless you are really down in the gutters and cant take a direct fight for some reason and need to kite units all over the map for 20-40 seconds till they finally die to your disintegrate… My only other guess as to its true designed purpose is they made it for a hit and run strategy on shards to slowly slowly kill them overtime. I don’t understand why they haven’t buffed or reinvented this spell yet though.

Cyclones is antizerg unit, I dunno wtf u talking bout. Firebat cyclone Thor wrecks Zerg hard. They also good with a couple mixed in Goliath deathball if vs air. Also spotting shouldn’t be problem, you have science vessels

Cylone Lock on is pretty good for Hybrids, Bosses, and objectives. Its pretty decent if you ever choose Swann to play against Heroes from the Storm.

Cyclone is just good period. Their only downfall is a small weakness while under 10, so they can still get overwhelmed due to their current slower movement speed (compare to their counter part in ladder). They can still nevertheless kite like a mofo against most units. Get your 2 Lock-on researches done first.

More like a major move speed buff, I am tired of Swann’s cyclones being massively slower than 1v1 cyclones for no reason.

1 Like

Wouldn’t making Cyclone moving too fast harder to kite enemy? You know because they may move too far out of their attack range?

How about an innate Afterburner?

I think even those are not enough and those two units still feel very hard to use for their cost and in particularly i don’t even know how the ability “Lock on” actually functions. Cyclone still attacks like usual for me, i don’t see any benefit it does vs Cyclone’s normal attack.

For Tempest, i suggest they do x2 vs buildings for their normal attack
Their Disintegrate deal 600 damage in 20s but the damage can stack infinitely and also their cooldown is reduced to 30s.

For Cyclone
An afterburner ability for free
When lock-on is activated, they attack every 0.1s instead of 1s.
Mag-Field Accelerator will double the amount of missiles Cyclone fire every normal attack.
Targeting Lock-on +6 range instead of +3 and also +5 sight range

Or at the very least, they should reduce its gas cost or something.

Increase Cyclone movement speed.
Make Hellions shoot while moving.
Case solved.

2 Likes

Please do not do this to reavers

Are u suggesting Tempest is even remotely as strong as Reaver? Absurd!

Reavers are AOE anti ground unit. Regardless what Tempest can do Reaver is 3 levels above it.

But can Reavers attack air unit? I think not! I rest my case. Lol jk.