Arkship Commandants

Any suggestions on how to properly use them? I was having the same problem with his first and second Prestige, until I figure out how to correctly take advantage of them.

The first one wasn’t viable before my High Templar is fully talented. The second one require me to rethink how to play with his top bar.

The third, however, I have no idea. I’m at level 15 with it now, and it just suck for me. Any advice?

Do you have mastery? If yes then you should go straight into SoA energy amd shield overcharge as this one is meant for active usage of spear of adun, pretty much every push into bases and/or defend attack waves you want to use the shield overcharge.

If not then it’s not really worth using it, you’re better off with the other prestiges since the lack of his invulnerability really hurts.

1 Like

Over 90 here.

Okay, but if that’s the case how can I accumulate enough solar energy to activate orital strike?

I do like the new Shield Overcharged. The area of effect is big enough for most situation, so this is straight buff for me.

The orbital strike is more used rarelly, if you ask me, just use it as a fast expo, I believe it spawn archons when using orbital inside a pylon field but that’s something I haven’t tested outside PTR.

Like, very similar to Karax fast expo, throw a pylon field at rocks or contested expo and use orbital, preferably rocks since it’ll take time to learn where to drop the archons.

Seriously? If that’s the case, then this Prestige just suck. You lose Guardian Shell and the Orbital Strike is lame and expensive; I thought it has its used, I just don’t know what it is, yet. The Shield Overcharged is buff, sure, but that’s nowhere near enough.

They don’t need to be in a pylon field, but they only spawn in a very narrow area under where you strike with the blast, so if you actually use orbital on the rocks themselves the Archons wont have room to spawn inside of it and just not appear at all. It’s the same with any other structure, but not units (so spamming it in a single place spawns the archons normally).

It does sort of mean you can’t use orbital on structures if you want to get use out of the archons, though.

2 Likes

I guess you should target just beside the rocks and structures so the strike barely hits, that way there could be enough room for the spawn.

My suggestions use phonix/zelot build (this is a very weak one normally)
The math the shield overcharge give 200 sheild for 20 sec 180 cd for 50 energy
Now the prestige and masteries give 380 sheild for 38 sec 90 cd for 25 energy.
The spear of adun energy regeneration give 26(aprox) for 90 sec so you can spam sheild overcharge.

Theoretically you got the shield for every wave if no use the enery in the expensive orbital strike use one or twice for expeand fast then only use shield over chrage for your weaks phonix and zelot.

I not have the time to lvl up to try this. Sorry.

Thanks for input, but your idea works the same regardless of build. The Shield Overcharged interact the same no matter which build you use and so it doesn’t change anything. The main problem still presists. You can’t use the expensive Orbital Strike and You don’t have Guradian Shell.

Unless I miss somehing and that somehow having the Shield Overcharged allows this generally weak build to shine?

I can only think of cheese strats or Stukov as ally, having the shield to help in focus firing an objective, or defensive maps which you don’t really have to use zealots agressivelly.

I don’t want to sound like a stick in the mud, but Guardian Shell is much better for the job, isn’t it?

Not even a stick in the mud, it’s clear as day, the archons have way too little lifetime to make it worth the 50 energy cost, and guardian shell is pretty much the feature of Artanis as commander.

2 Likes

Yeah, after many testing, I’m certain that the prestige just suck. This is quite a shame. I was looking forward for this Prestige the most. There is no scenario where the Oribital Strike worth its cost. The new Shield Overcharged simply can’t compare to the old one plus Guardian Shell.

It certainly feels like a missed opportunity. Guardian Shield is so core to Artanis’ coop identity, that it is generally the thing I look forward to the most when I get partnered with Artanis in games.

Losing it is such a huge, impactful negative change, that it really needs an equally huge, impactful positive change to offset it. Another commander who got such a huge change to their playstyle was Zagara, who lost a hero unit to get a bigger army.

I feel like the opposite could hold true here, with a prestige giving Artanis a presence on the battlefield as a hero unit, with his campaign abilities Resurgence (which is basically a Super Guardian Shield for himself), and Astral Wind. You lose the safeguard, but get a tanky hero with support, healing powers.

I’m level 12 on P2, Artanis, so haven’t tried P3. Someone said you can fast expo with mastery SoA energy because the fanatic can break the rocks. Anyone try this?

It depends on how rocks are positioned and in position where you drop your Orbital Strike (But DO NOT drop the strike on structure otherwise they will NOT be summoned).
At least the drop can clear any 2 rocks (due to 15 sec duration).

Not even on any static? How big is the spawn radius, do you know?

Well, not on the middle of a structure, if you put them at side you’ll be fine but there is a chance that will prevent summoning.

Problem Solved: It turns out it is the matter of Validator + Creation Option.
I disabled the validator and checked “placement” in creation option, The Fanatics were summoned “besides” the targeted structure.

2 Likes

I love Prestige 2 Artanis. Once you figure how to play around with it, the mobility is very powerful.

I know this is an old thread, but I feel like chiming in since my opinion is different than most, and perhaps you all know this already.

1. They fixed the issue with not being able to spawn the archons by hitting structures. That was a big annoying problem.
  2. I love P3 Artanis because the archons are so cool. For me, being able to calldown archons way more frequently than most big calldowns in the game is a huge bonus.
  3. Yes, you can clear expansions very quickly at the very beginning of the game, even ones with defenses, though that might be slightly harder. To be fair, some other commanders can do this as well, so Artanis is not unique.
  4. I hardly even use shield overcharge because I need the energy for the archons. This is probably a mistake on my part, but again, I love the archons.
  5. The archons can singlehandedly take down most waves, either air or ground.
  6. Yes, losing guardian shell really hurts, and not giving it to your ally must suck for them, but it’s a gameplay thing, not strictly aiming for the best or most powerful. It forces you to play differently and not rely on guardian shell.
3 Likes