Are customs gone?

I have sc2arcade. com pulled up now, and it says that there are no games in the US. Did something happen?

Note: Ive been sick the past couple days and haven’t had the drive to log in since

It’s just a bug in SC2Arcade.com that started yesterday.

There are the usual open lobbies in-game.

Does this have anything to do with those fartknockers that made game crashing lobbies?

Don’t know, unfortunately. Talv would know though.

SC2Arcade’s issue started yesterday around the time the patch pushed. However, there were no exploited maps at that time. When I was in the game this morning (~6 hours ago), there were no exploited maps then either, however, SC2Arcade still wasn’t working.

So, my uninformed guess is it’s not from the knobs.

I just checked again since my last post and it’s back.

custom still crashes
4FFFF6E5-DD94-4104-AB97-A80C67EB68F6

1 Like

custom still crashes
4FFFF6E5-DD94-4104-AB97-A80C67EB68F6
after playing a game

I have been getting crashes in custom all day today and most recently 5 minutes ago. This is still an issue.

It most definitely is still an issue and unless blizzard finds an actual remedy (not a bandaid fix) it’ll be the end of SC2 arcade, since these trolls/hackers seem pretty keen on finding a workaround.

Hey all,

The expoiters have switched tactics, so the fixes from the recent patch likely aren’t effective in stopping this new kind of attack.

Thanks for the reports. I passed them to Bliz.

The workaround from the original attacks should hopefully still work.

it does not work. the game still crashes no matter how you get to custom lobbies.

Yes, see the post right above you.

campain, custom tab, swap to lobbies tab. game crashes. You have to use the auto join feature or create your own lobby and link it in the chat to get a game going. this is my current solution

This is a whole different exploit, harmless. The one fixed with the last patch was the dangerous one and it doesn’t even target the same weakness

Indeed.

Don’t go to the Lobbies tab. This was true even in the previous attack strategy.

As I mentioned, see my post above. There’s a work around that avoids the Lobbies tab altogether.

I wouldn’t go as far as calling it harmless, considering the exploit works partly by buffer overflowing. Its very unlikely they can do something with it, cuz its my understanding runtime assertion does exist for this (its what ends up crashing the game I believe).

My Custom games were working fine yesterday but today I am experiencing that game crash.

“Indeed” This was in reply to Azkarion?

Are IP’s Safe?

Yeah. I was agreeing with Azkarion’s point.

As for IPs, I don’t know.