Are banes busted or its just me as terran

https://drop.sc/replay/18698633

Question here, how im suposed to capitalize my ventage when fighting zerg ? I feel i had won this game at the beggining but i just couldnt give the execute. Just been overwhelmed by banes-

Any tips ?

1 Like

Yes, you had an advantage but you didnā€™t capitalize on it.

2 fight:

Your opponent had 38 speedlings yet you didnā€™t have a marauder upgrade

Your opponent has 2, 2 you have 1,1

Your WM didnā€™t take part in the fight

You donā€™t have Banshee, Liberator, or Ghost as a response for lurkers.

1 Like

I cannā€™t see the replay, but what I can see on the graphs is that maybe your widow mine shots were not good, I guess they were not in good spots during fights, but the most important things I see is the worker count and the upgrades (no shield until very late), Z had the lead on the upgrades and the workers, with a Z on 90 drones and you having 59 at most, it does not matter what do you do, itā€™s a lost game, even with better upgrades you eventually will die, you position was all in position all the game, the game was over for you at probabably the 7 minute mark, you had 39 workers (less than 2 base saturation) vs 70 workers. The Z apparently did some kind of greedy build with late upgrades and you were not able to punish it, so you ended being behind and at the moment he had the tech and money to pump out lurkers and ultras you were totally dead because you were behind on upgrades, eco, and tech.

As T you must apply constant pressure, and kill drones/force units instead of drones. If you let the Z alone, that happens, massive amounts of drones pretty early and you are done 5 minutes later.

Two wordsā€¦ Widow minesā€¦

3 Likes

The hero unit of the game is a siege tank that even killed 5 marines :frowning: more like Traitor of the game.

Comrade Siege Tank Sergeant was just follwing the classic soviet ā€œman waves as atillery spottersā€ tactic.

2 Likes

banes r busted if they run in2 wall if they r not do that they r call overpower

TheOverMind? Yeah I know the guy. His exploits are legend.

Heā€™s the kind of man who would do a hellbat timing with 4 hellions and not even turn them into hellbats.

TheOverMind would get 12 worker kills off a shift-clicked liberator then go 4CC with 38 workers. Legend.

must be a pretty epic ā€¦erm scrappy battle ā€¦ reminds to a battle i fought on entombed valley, got hellionrushed and he managed to kill all my drones and than went beck home or afk, anyway canceled my lingspeed upgrade, build 2 drones and rebuild +crushed that terran from that point

ah yeah the young naive roachrider ā€¦ man kinda miss entombed valley :smiley:

You never had any advantage, the zerg still had more workers and more bases and did the 3/3 before you in addition to having better tech. Literally every minute that passed the zerg had more advantage

Banes are broken in the same way that widow mines are, they both hard counter bad players.

add disruptors in there iā€™d say, it also relies on the opponent clumping up stuff hard, and the reaction time to split stuff is pretty similar to wm shooting, even though novas and banes can follow units unlike mines