Arcade Crashers are back

No, there is not. Stop lying to scare people.

2 Likes

OK ? So, what are you doing here on the forum ? I thought you were playing SC2. Game is fine.

I have two screens. I can do both.

Lol. Another abs leap of logic. Yeah, because playing a couple games in downtime when available is an “addiction”. Well done on that particular fabricated connection. True to form.

Another good abs leap. Only a single path to anything nefarious exists, a path that can be avoided. So yeah, safety isn’t important to me because I simply just don’t DO what could be dangerous? What?
Ever been on the internet? It’s loaded with danger to many different aspects of life. It’s avoided by just not going to those places. But by your logic you shouldn’t be going to the internet at all. so I presume you have a “stay away from the internet” podium as well?

OMG really?? So the fearmongering campaign is working??? How wonderfully irresponsible!!!

Heya, if you have your favorites saved goto Campaign → below it you’ll see a smaller custom option. That will send you to custom campaign area to select your favorites

1 Like

Highlighting this ^^^ for visibility.

Just be sure to stay off the “Lobbies” tab, and be careful whose maps/games you play. Stick to your familiar authors/maps.

EDIT: Unfortunately, after a custom game, the UI returns to the “Lobbies” tab automatically. So unless people completely close out of the game on the Victory/Defeat/Quit screen, they are going to get frozen.

EDIT 2: The issue in the above edit has a work around now too.

I used this to play 1v1 against AI in the Melee tab, then the game hung up after finishing the match, as there is no option to exit to the Melee tab, just defaults to the Lobbies tab.

why is it crashing my comp whats going on

I just tried opening the custom tab on two computers. Both froze as expected, but neither crashed the whole computer. Not even close. Did you try closing the game? If you dont, it may appear that the whole computer is frozen. I’ve been able to close the game both by clicking “close program” in the “game not responding” popup, and by right clicking the taskbar icon and clicking “close window”. Both worked fine without any issues.

The thing is it just happened a week ago and Blizzard was supposed to fix this exploit completely. Obviously they just hacked around a bunch of garbage or simply removed the offender, which is why it so easily happened again. You know what would happen in a good organization if the same mistake happens twice? Firing.

2 Likes

Nah I’m assuming a week ago they thought this wouldn’t be a repeat offense after the bogus maps last week were removed.

Rename your title thread to Criminals, instead of Arcade Crashers.

It is criminal act to invade, infect or disable other people’s computers without their consent.

If I went to prison for selling white powder to a few rich middle aged white men on the North Shore of Long Island (which is a consensual act between me and them), he can go to prison to a non-consensual assault of hundreds of thousands people’s property (your computer is your property, and many of the victims are under the age of 18).

“Oh he’s just abusing a security vulnerability,” which is like saying “The tech-guy left your front door open after cleaning your computer, so I walked in and hit it with a sledgehammer, so it’s the tech guy’s fault.”

Throw the book at him

If he’s willing to harm hundreds of thousands of non-consenting people over a balance change to their favorite custom map, what do you think he’d do if something personally sleight him.

3 Likes

Yeah earlier when i logged in and went to custom it was fine at first and went to play an arcade game to do something for a friend it was fine, that is until i exitted the game and my game froze, i pressed windows or tab, to press the close starcraft 2 button, it didnt work, i tried to bring the game not responding bringup, it didnt show up, i tried taskbar the game won’t let it appear at the front of the screen, so in the end i was pretty much forced to restart my pc.

Although i also hope from what i read atop the messages, that whats ever is going on, certainly doesnt affect my pc in anyway, and certainly doesnt get any Details or so from my pc just by being on a game me and a friend tend to enjoy playing together on.

This stinks! I like to play a custom map, and have to task manager kill sc2 after every match. For a 20 year old game, should have been pretty simple to fix this. hard crash lockup on lobby? so dumb.

But according to the defenders of this cyber criminal on this forum, its your fault you had to restart your PC, not his, because you’re the one that pulled the plug!

That is what they are saying to all the data I lost in Excel due to being forced to restart my computer and announced my intention to sue the attacker for 1$ in small claims court just to drag him through the legal system.

That what YOU said.
Smh…

It’s crazy to think that some guy could do this to a game because he was mad

Just to update:

An extra step can be done to avoid both freezing and force-closing at the end of custom games.

Once a game lobby is open, minimize it and change to Campaign mode. Then click “Return to Lobby” in the bottom left of the screen. After that, just fill the lobby and play normally. When the game is done, it will return to the Campaign UI instead of the Lobbies UI. Thus no force-close and no freeze.

EDIT:
Here’s a guide that goes through the whole process.

1 Like

You have to admire the dedication people have to making others miserable through this game.