Anyone try Ventura?

Curious if anyone has upgraded to Ventura and if they noticed issues. Curious what chip you’re running. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Shallow! I’m so glad you asked that question! I have upgraded to Ventura and noticed one big issue on my MBP 16" M1 Max 1TB 32GB RAM. Essentially, whenever I run SC2 on my main ultra wide Alienware AW3423DW with a DisplayPort cable, at some point during my play time, the external monitor will turn a solid green or pink, and the Mac will crash and restart with a kernel panic message when I log back in.

If I run HDMI, I have no issues whatsoever. I have tried different cables, and even a friend’s M1 MacBook Air, which worked fine regardless of the cable, connection type, or monitor. If I run DP from my Mac to another ultra wide I have, I also get no issue, so it is the strangest problem I’ve encountered.

The only solution I found was to make a separate volume on my boot drive and perform a clean install of Monterey. When I installed and set up SC2 on that, then I had no issues at all.

So it is a very niche and specific problem, but that has been my experience anyway.

That IS weird. And as far as I can find, both your monitor and Mac run DP 1.4. Also weird that the clean install works. Thanks for the info!

I Have a 2022 Apple M2 Max chip 32 GB Memory Ventura 13.1 Starcraft will not start

I have a macbook pro 2019 16", it freezes randomly when playing SC2.

My workaround to play it successfully is to run SC2 in separate volume with Big Sur.