Anyone think we will get a new commander for Blizcon?

What is there to revamp? Mind you, I only play Tychus out of the three so I will understand third of it at best.

All 3 have some glaring weaknesses that need to be addressed. For starters:

Tychus - Blaze needs range and Nikara’s healing is subpar.
Zeratul - Certain calldowns are terrible vs other choices.
Stetmann - Fix up the Brood Lords.

4 Likes

Tychus - Blaze needs Range but Nikara Healing fine, just her AI (her just standing there against her enemies)…
Zeratul - Stasis Beam (inferior version of Void Suppression) and Telbrus Army (Stronger Zealots and Plasma Surge), Can’t Zeratul also benefit from Void Fury?
Stetmann - BUFF Mecha Battlecarrier Lord allow Mecha Locusceptors to attack air and allow production of 8…

9 out of 17 COs have hero units…
Nova, Tychus
To me, Tychus himself is VERY MUCH so a hero level unit, even if his “army” is other hero units

Kerrigan, Zagara, Dehaka, Stetmann
FWIW, one of the early philosophies of Coop was Zerg all get heroes.
Abathur’s UE may technically NOT be heroes, but they’re so bloody powerful that by function, they are.
Then you Stukov’s CDs, but they’re timed, so, similar deal

Fenix, Alarak, Zeratul
Mincing terminology, but I refer to what Fenix has as “Champions”. They are somewhat different from “Elite units”, although, “same difference”.

I’d go either way if the next Terran CO had a hero or not

Actually, for Nikara, allow her to heal herself (even without the “heal 2 at once” gear).

The routine seems to be two commanders per year. One around GamesCom and one around BlizzCon. It’s cool but it also results in a few weeks where almost everyone is trying to play as the same commander.

It’s not a routine, it’s a trend albeit a downward one.

2016 - Abathur, Alarak, Nova, Stukov
2017 - Fenix, Dehaka, H&H
2018 - Tychus, Zeratul
2019 (so far) - Stetmann

Blizzard was a no show at Gamescom this year too.

1 Like

Based on the war chest skins, which i think is a very safe basis to bet on, we should expect a Golden Armada mothership commander, hopefully Selendis.
I also would love to see a Tosh (spectre, medivac, predator, widow mines, etc) or Warfield (tanks, infantry, planetary fortress/gorgon), but i’ve also secretly hoped for Valerian (dominion stuff).

Obviously the stone-constructed protoss have been used already by zeratul’s units (in part).
Seems like we have 2 full warchests of terran unit skin sets that have not been used by a commander (outside of tychus’ SCVs, which could be changed easily).
So it seems like a terran is going to use one of those two sets, i actually anticipate Valerian, as he would use the shiny regalia-adorned looks of the recent warchest set for his units.

My favorite zerg is already in the game- Dehaka, so i have nothing more to ask, but it would be cool to see something based off the mechanical-infused zerg (revived overmind project??) or something.

Hope to see Arcturus. Hi is a really interesting charachter. And they can give him either imperial guard units or rebel units, for the times when he was the leader of the Sons of Korhal.

Don’t really need new commanders as much as i need new maps. I am getting sick and tired of playing the same old maps again and again 1 million times. Tweak the old maps as well to improve them, make them more fun, interesting and challenging.

4 Likes

New commander is always good and I think they will do it. BUT rather than commanders we need NUMEROUS issues fix:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/t/co-op-bugs-and-inconveniences
Too much of them accumulated already.
Also it’s been 2 years since we got a new map last time.
Bliz strongly believe it is only enough to sell commanders 1 by 1 to harvest money and unfortunately they are right. We were always buying them with readiness and excitement. If somebody will say: “Hei, lets boycott buying commanders until they fix problems and make more maps” - everybody will just shut him.

if they released 2 commanders at once, i would buy both at the same time and then switch between them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy just any commander personally. I didn’t buy Stett for example.

Valerian could have the Umojan skinset, since he is the only character related to Umojans. Tyrador maybe can be for Mengsk? I can see the Tyrador units be Mengsk’s elite guard, since they are made of platinum, and fit well for the emperor personal guard.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more with you. New commanders are nice and all but we need new missions waaaaay more.

1 Like

Sounds about right. When Coop first came out, it was a big hit. Going from 7 COs to 8, then 9, etc. etc. has a much bigger impact than going from 17 to 18 COs to choose from. They wanted to maintain “the push” if nothing else.

Nowadays, they seemed to have gotten what they wanted out of Coop. I’m guessing it still makes decent money for them (I for one did the full Warchest this time around, as opposed to just buying the skins for only 1 race), but they got bigger fish to fry.

Admittedly, I got Stetmann primarily for the Stimpack. Did help with the grind to leveling up to Mastery

I don’t have Sc2 on my home PC, so it’s much more of a hassle for me to play. As a result, I was expecting to not delve more beyond a few COs. I ended up recently leveling up ALL the COs. Nice broad experience there. Quite a few COs that I thought were weird or that I’d be awful with ended up being a lot of fun. OTOH, some that I thought I’d really like, but ended up not being my style. Stetmann falls squarely in the middle of it all.

I think we’ll get a new commander.

If Blizzard wants to make money, they should release co-op map packs for sale. A map pack of 4 for $9.99 would sell fast, probably faster then any commander.

3 Likes

i agree that they should release maps for sale but, not in packs of 4. individually is much better. there is a a lot of maintanances in a short time(friday, then wednesday) which suggests that something is going to be released. i do not know what however.

2 Likes

New maps aren’t any fun if you can’t ever use them. Making them a product you buy means less people who can play them, and by association less people to play them with.

Why would I pay money for maps I’ll never get to play, because not enough other people own the map?

2 Likes

BlizzCon is next weekend. Releasing anything now is a dumb idea; way to kill the centrepiece event by spoiling it beforehand.

Pretty much, the only reason they’d announce anything in Autumn before Blizzcon is if they’d have another, bigger announcement.

Even then, they’d be crazy to announce something this close to the event. It’d get buried in the other news before the main sales run was close to over.