All settings reset after restart on OS X Monterey

Greetings!

Used to play SCII on my macbook (Air, Intel chip) a couple of years ago and haven’t run into any trouble. Installed it today and ran into settings completely resetting after restarting the game (general settings) or simply not applying the changes at all (hotkey settings).

So far, I’ve tried: re-installed several times; updated from Big Sur to Monterey; checked all permissions (my SCII folder is set to “read&write” by everyone, SCII app has permissions to use the disk under the “Privacy” settings, but I cannot find a folder analogous to the one created in “My documents” on Windows, nor a “variables” file); used the repair function of the launcher. It did not help.

Has anyone run into similar trouble lately? Perhaps there is a solution?

1 Like

Hi, i had same issues with regards to setting not being saved, also couldn’t get past the first map in the main campaign, kept getting save error, all these issues were solved by creating a new admin account in "users & groups in System Preferences, restarted & logged in under new admin account & game now runs perfect.

I have the same cannot save hotkeys or use old one they disappeared and settings reset all the time… unplayable

I have the same cannot save hotkeys or use old one they disappeared and settings reset all the time… unplayable

I was able to fix this by making a new user account on my macbook and naming it SC2.

Afterwards, if you want to play SC2 you MUST go to that user-account and play it on there otherwise your settings will keep resetting.

ive had the same issue. I did fix it through making a new admin but also try this. I was able to get all old banks back as well.

1. Open finder, use go to folder option in menu (or Shift+command+G)
    2) Type:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/
    It will open folder contents
    3) Look for “StarCraft II” folder
    4) Change that folder permissions to Read and Write
    * right click, GetInfo, Sharing and Permissions, unlock changes, change to RW and use small circle with dots to apply that permissions to all enclosed items.