Alarak robo buff idea

This might be awful, so I’m floating this out cautiously. The problem with robo in general is that it will have to compete with ascendants, which are reasonably easy to set up, don’t really need armor and damage upgrades, and are arguably the single most powerful non-hero units in the game. We all know why.

With mech already buffing Alarak’s empower me, why not make it so for each supply of robo units in range of Alarak decreases empower me’s cooldown?

With alarak acting as an uber ascendant… which is what he is, that comp would be come viable… but maybe too viable. Hence I see a problem. So is this a good or bad idea? It would make robo comp very viable, but would give it the potential to level armies.

2 Likes

Mech is fine… Robo is what is weak

3 things for mechanics and robo.

1. Improve Mastery 1.2 Unit attack speed increase
    Increase it from 15% to 30% and have them affect movement speed as well.

2. Have Wrathwalkers benefit from Slayer Armour upgrades (dies way too easily).

Or… you can Give Alarak the Permant Tal’darim Mothership for recalls (for 1000 Mineral and gas of course).

1 Like

Because this, on top of Empower Me Duration, would make Death Fleet as an ultimate completely moot point. Your “effective” cooldown would be ridiculously short.

This would be bad. Slayers are already fast enough, and you always want Alarak and Supplicants in the front. I’d rather see a slight base buff to the Robo movement speed (but not too much,) than this. Would be useful to keep the Wrathwalkers alive, but not so much that they turn into turbo giraffes.

Let’s lag the game! Have you never played the campaign with Matrix Overload before? That lag is intense. I’d rather see the War Prism function similarly to Zeratul’s Void Arrays in terms of capacity… But I won’t ask for such things.

This… Actually wouldn’t be that bad, honestly. Temporary invulnerability would make them much more survivable. I’d be down for that.

Depends upon how it’s made. If you can summon it from the top bar, and repeatedly summon multiple of them, then no. If you can build it from the Nexus after either Robotics Bay or Templar Archives tech, with a restriction of one at a time, sure. I’d be down for that. But either make the recall have a cooldown timer, or use energy.
Then we’d have to change how Death Fleet worked. Would need to summon the Destroyers, and either more of them or other unusable Tal’darim air superiority.

I’d like to see the Vanguards be changed a bit. Change their Matter Dispersion upgrade to include the following ability:

• Vanguard projectiles now land at their target twice as fast.
    and their Fusion Mortars upgrade to include:
  • Increases amount of projectiles fired from 8 to 16.

Either or would be nice.

2 Likes

This is something I support. Make it like the campaign counterpart and replace the damage versus Armored (which should be baseline) with what you said. Props for it, good idea!

Nah This speed affects all Units, this would acutally improve mobility problem.

I did not know this… okay then no to that!

• No to multiple Motherships

Yes to that! I’m going to say Vanguard attacks are not quite as bad for me! 16 of them can raze buildings!

This

And this part

Would be all that mech really needs

On an experimental note

I would like to see mothership cores being able to be built for a pretty expensive price with the mass teleport ability being on a 90 sec cooldown and having a really weak warp prism attack. Limit 1 of course.

Death fleet requires said mothership core to cast, and transforms it to the mothership. Death fleet now permanent but can’t be casted again until all death fleet units are destroyed, and usual Cooldown applies, starting when casted, since an expensive mothership core would have to be rebuilt anyway. Mothership Cooldown mastery can be changed to mothership/core mass teleport maximum 45 secs reduction

I like Mothership core ideas, Alarak needs more army Variety but I’m afraid that might be saved for Selendis.

Destroyers however needs some serious Bulking UP such as increased Bounce, Damage and Endurance.

Yeah, Destroyers could use a damage buff.

Mmm… I could get behind it then, if it affected everything. Depends upon the amount, and whether or not it affects Alarak.

I, personally, don’t have a problem with Vanguards, but I can see where others come from. As such, I’m fine with them buffing them up a bit.

This is actually a VERY interesting idea… What if you could re-cast Death Fleet to summon more Destroyers? If the Mothership is still alive, you can re-cast Death Fleet to put it back on cooldown, and summon eight more Destroyers from the fleet. Still has the same cooldown as it has now.

Void Rays aren’t meant to be tanky. They’re meant to be DPS. If they change how the bounces deal damage, I’m all for it. But they don’t need to be bulkier.

Ive never had a problem with Alarak mech I say it has a much better ramp up time especially when you go from stalkers, immortals, then finally colossus, plus mech units buff Empower and turn Alarak into a god.