About Alarak P3

Given that Destroyers have a 20s charge cooldown and can’t be replaced quickly to your will, wouldn’t it be so much better to increase their base hp from 150 to 200 (like the other mechanical high tier units) so that Alarak can’t kill them in case he consumes a friendly life’s minion?
Mainly as a quality of life improvement.

1 Like

Wait until you find out about this unit called supplicant

5 Likes

Wait till he finds out that destroyers have 250 effective hp anyway

Yes like Lindroos said, you can do mix builds. Destroyers / supplicants or Destroyers / slayers … etc

You could move your destroyers away from MAlarak and leave supplicants next to him. Yes it’s an annoying micro but that is how you play him sometimes.

I think of Alarak as a Diablo style necromancer and supplicants are just the raise skeleton feat. Constantly being made and constantly dying.

@op for supplicants to work this way forward pylons or void transport thingy are essential to keep the supplicants close by. I like to plop a pylon just outside vision and overcharge it as soon as the wave or base is visible far too few Alarak players use pylons as offense imo

Wait till you find out that alarak only sacrifices health from the supplicants until he gets to 200, not caring about that unit’s shields.

Still the point stands that you should include Supplicants. I’m not sure how buffing the bulk of Destroyers prevent them from getting consumed when Alarak is derping.

I totally agree that supplicant are a core part of the army, but in some cases you can mistakely run out of them.
When alarak is near death he does not kill directly other units, he steals one’s life until he gets back to 200 or the unit dies.
This mean that if a unit has 200 hp or more this unit will not die but will be severely damaged, only on his health points, not shields.
Big difference from having it dying: you can still repair it.

How does Alarak repair Destroyers? I’m confused.

If you’re taking that much time on an “off chance” to repair 1 destroyer, aren’t you basically just sitting idly with them?

that’s why you always need to use a control group only for supplicants. That way you can know how many fuel Alarak has left º-º

I would prefer commanders have weaknesses, especially something as simple as keeping tabs on the units you have left on the ground.

Teammates like: Karax, Raynor, Swann, Nova, Abathur, Stetmann repair your unit without even asking for it, obviously.

Yeah that could happen. Then those destroyers will need to be sacrifice, goodbye Destroyers. You could always make new ones.

Or you could bring a prism to warp in supplicants continuously and use overcharge ( Even my structures put up more of a fight than you!).

You won’t be able to pair with these commanders all the time. Best to be self sufficient. Even if you are pair with one of these commander, their structures or units may not be around to heal you.

lolno. Destroyers are fine as they are. If you make them thicker, then their normal counters all of a sudden fall off. Just learn to make Supplicants and carry a War Prism around to replace lost Supplicants.

Sincerely, an Alarak main who has been over this 1000 times by now.

2 Likes

Are you just diving into a rabbit hole here?

The question was more rhetorical to make you realize it isn’t part of the design.

So let’s organize the thoughts here:

1. You want to buff Destroyer so it doesn’t die to Alarak derp, aka poor control on the player’s own fault. Ok then…
  2. This occurs rarely since you use supplicant, although lose track so this occurs nevertheless. Ok then…
  3. You want to buff so your ally repairs them, which again occurs rarely.

So when you add all of that together, you have 1 x rare sacrifice to match 1 x rare ally repair, so the conclusion to fix it is… let’s buff Destroyers? You see how people may feel less compelled by your reasoning here? Rhetorical.

And the solution provided by several here is to “make more supplicants”. For every 1 destroyer you make, you can make 2 supplicants essentially. So do that and your destroyers will only die to enemy damage, voila.

1 Like

Make supplicats. Honesty mass destroyers can work but it can be a trap. Mothership is the real prize of this prestige.

I prefer to rush out my expansion, and Mothership, micro Alarak carefully early game, get some safety supplicants, and then transition to Ascendants. I’ll make some destroyers when I have cash for them. But Ascendants are still best thing going for Alarak. Mothership is just a huge help carrying the early-mid game.

This.
Destroyers are good but they do have the same strengths and weaknesses as Vorazun’s Void Rays, so they are not viable in all situations.
The true value of P3 is how the Mothership can carry you through the first 10 minutes while you ramp up into Ascendants or whatever build you wish.

Alarak will eat life AND shields, so he will still 1 shot a destroyer to heal himself. This will blow your mind, but if Alarak takes fatal damage and consumes a full health Vanguard or Wrathwalker, the Vanguard or Wrathwalker lives with 1 hp. If destroyers got 200 life, it would be the same deal for them.