(Abandoned) 5.0.2.81102 Consolidated 10th Anniversary Achievement issues

@Leviathan

As pointed out in the other thread, it looks like Nova’s “One Shot, One Opportunity” is bugged. The 50 killed by nuke doesn’t have to be Zerg, but can be any 50 units, including your own (or even exclusively your own). This of course doesn’t match the description of “Enemy Zerg” the achievement demands.

Oh interesting!

I’ll add it to the list when I’m home tonight

Thanks for letting me know!

FOR QA: Adding new achievement to my OP above:

Nova Covert Ops

1. One Shot, One Opportunity

• Players can cheat this by killing their own units

Are you allowed to allocate solarite to the auxiliary systems for the big spear diplomacy achievement? (the passive bonuses like starting supply and construction time)

That I’m not sure of because I don’t know where in the map’s triggers those can be set. I assume it is safe because it’s a passive ability.

However, I’m about halfway through the LotV chieves so when I get there, I’ll test it out by putting at least some solarite into each category.

I’d like to add some personal experience. I tried the tips several times, finished the map and thought that I cleared everything, did it in less than 26 minutes and close to 28, saved minions and a structure for the last seconds before the cutscene, etc. And nothing helped until I saw this:

I tried again looking specifically for this void rift on the right edge of the beginning area – and it was there, not easy to notice, can be hit only by ranged units. Destroyed that, completed the map the same way, clearing everything on sight – and finally got rewarded with the achievement.

Later tonight, I’m going to go digging through the map triggeres to see if I figure out what’s going on.

On a very cursory glance I did a while back, it seems that those 3 rifts in phase 1 shouldn’t affect the achievement. Any rifts that aren’t destroyed in phase 1 (even the off screen one) are removed before the 2nd phase starts, meaning they are not there to be counted at the end of phase 2.

For reference, looking the screenshot in my OP, the Conditions say:

1. Game is on Normal, Hard or Brutal
  2. The unit death that activated the trigger was an enemy
  3. 28 mins or less
  4. Narud is defeated
  5. Scanning the map for enemy structures
  6. Scanning the map for enemy structures
  7. Scanning the map for enemy structures

… and since any remaining rifts from phase 1 are removed for phase 2, they’re not present to be counted.

Not saying this is correct, just that it seems that way. Maybe I can find more by digging in deeper.

I got Disintegration Doctrine the other day… sorry to hear that it’s still giving others trouble. I don’t know what the issue is. For me:

• I did destroy that partially hidden void rift in phase one, even though you may not need to.

• I don’t know whether stray auto-turret enemies count as structures, but just in case, I made sure to obliterate every enemy Raven like a maniac the instant I saw one. Then combed the area to make sure it was all clear.

• After reducing Narud’s HP and triggering that pause before the cinematic, I did notice something another player reported: an enemy medivac that I hadn’t noticed before, mysteriously appearing right by Narud, which my forces promptly annihilated in the brief moment between Narud’s HP being “paused” and the end cutscene.

Whatever I did, it worked. I got the achievement. Hopefully we can figure out what the deal is with this one soon, for those who haven’t been able to get it yet.

It must have been something else that got you the achievement.

I looked into the triggers and indeed the Rifts from the 1st phase don’t count. If not destroyed, they are removed from the map before phase 2 starts so they don’t get counted at the end of the mission.

[See the video at the end of post if you don’t want to read all this.]

In the map’s triggers, I added notifications to a couple of the end game triggers. With notifications at each step, I could track where things were going wrong. They were added:

1. The trigger where Narud activates his low HP ability to prevent him from being killed.
  2. The Trigger that “Pauses” Narud.
  3. The trigger that sets the defeat Narud primary objective to Complete.
  4. The trigger that awards the achievement.

I then did a play through:

• I did not kill any of the three Rifts in the 1st phase.
  • I didn’t grab all the gas pick ups.
  • I played up to attacking Narud’s base and saved the game. This was so that everything prior would be exactly the same for each reload.
  1. First test: Destroyed all enemies in Narud’s base, then defeated Narud. I got all the expected notifications up to and including “Narud Defeated Objective = Complete” (thus satisfying that condition of the achievement trigger). But I did not get the final achievement notification.

2. Reload, 2nd test: Destroyed all but one Rift, defeated Narud, got the all the same notifications. But this time, when the “Narud Defeated Objective = Complete” popped up on my screen, I killed the final Rift. This time, I did get the achievement awarded notification.

3. Reload, repeated the 1st test. No achievement.

4. Reload, repeated the 2nd test. Got the achievement.

So, this points to an original suspicion of mine from way back: An enemy unit/structure needs to die after Narud is defeated. If the player clears out Narud’s base (everything is gone) and defeats Narud, even thought the objective completes, there’s nothing left to kill to make the achievement trigger run one last time with all the conditions satisfied, thus the achievement doesn’t award.

Here’s a short vid about what I found:

1 Like

Disintegration Doctrine

• Completed, seems that Auto Turrets / Spear of Adun powers were triggering a fail.
  • Deploy Pylon and Time Spot are free to use.

FOR QA: Adding this item to my OP above:

Legacy of the Void

Disintegration Doctrine - Destroy all enemy structures and complete the primary objective in the “Into the Void” mission in less than 28 minutes

• The Raven’s Auto Turrets are counting as “Structures” so if any are missed/left behind, it will fail the achievement.

I got it earlier today so I can confirm you’re allowed to put solarite into the auxiliaries

That’s good to hear, thanks!

Crossposting from another thread:

For “Expert Phase Smith, Perfect Templar”, since other people have confirmed that the bonus objectives are safe now, after trying a bunch of stuff I am now 99% certain that the culprit are the floating mineral pickups (those that can only be reached by flying units).

It’s definitely not the floating minerals. The trigger that counts how many units have died only counts those belonging to the player (player 1). The floating minerals belong to neutral (player 0) so they wouldn’t get counted. To make sure, I ran a test in the editor and picking up a floating mineral didn’t fail the achievement

However, it is known that the use of Solar Lance, Purifier Beam, or Deploy Fenix will fail the achievement. If you posted for someone else in the other thread, let them know about those three abilities.

I did 2 runs, one with Void Rays, doing bonus objectives and getting all pickups, and the second with carriers, avoiding the bonus objectives and the floating pickups. I only got it on the second try.

In either case, I specced out of all problematic SoA abilities (went with Chrono Surge, Orbital Strike, Shield Overcharge and Time Stop).

So if it’s not the minerals, it has to be the interceptors or the bonus objective, but others have claimed those are safe.

When I got it, I did the bonus objectives and used only Carriers (so I definitely lost Interceptors). Some things that come to mind:

• The starting Phoenixes (if you don’t use them)
  • The starting Carriers (if you don’t use them)
  • Losing a probe
  • Probes accidentally left behind when moving the platform
  • The tapped out Assimilators
  • An attack destroying something small/unnoticeable like a Pylon
  • Don’t cancel a warping building
  • You cannot reload a saved game from before the patch

When I get home today, I’ll do a full test run where I’ll use Carriers, do the bonus, and pick up some of the floating minerals.

The achievement “The way of the Nerazim” (Wings of Liberty, mission “A sinister turn”) drove me mad while using German translation.
Because they forgot the part “with dark templars” in German :-/ Any way of reporting that as well? I now changed to English to see that, because some people wrote “Just follow the description”.

I’ll add it to my list above. Thanks!

FOR QA: Adding this achievement to my list above:

Wing of Liberty

The way of the Nerazim - Kill 30 enemy units or structures with Dark Templar in the “A Sinister Turn” mission.

• There’s a report that the German translation of the description text is missing the “with Dark Templar” portion.